at least it felt like that waking up Saturday morning with vertigo. A new and different experience, that hopefully won't return. For no apparent obvious reason, upon arising for my usual everyday morning routine, the world seemed to be spinning towards the left, as if my head was the still center of a turntable. Very disconcerting, as it continued for some time (I went back to bed and shut my eyes, which toned down the effect) and had never happened to me before. Once it eased off, everyday life was able to resume, and fortunately it did not happen again the next day... weird, eh?
※※※
Repaired the tiger block by using sharpie to mark the location the lino needed to be on the substrate, then mixing enough epoxy to adhere the entire loose tiger back into place. Let the whole thing sit overnight under heavy weights and it will hopefully remain in one piece going forward. Currently adding several additional layers of acrylic paint to the edges and back of the block, for further protection when cleaning ink after printing.
※※※
While putting away some of Mt Washmore, uncovered the missing batik summer top that had been folded away inside the grey rayon top! If it is possible to eke out enough bits of fabric from various batik scraps, the top can be adjusted to have a better fit, just by adding a narrow strip to either side of the center front panel. Not sure why I'd cut the cap sleeves in such a peculiar way initially, probably something to do with how limited the fabric on hand had been, but my intention now is to alter the current garment to be a closer match to the ones that I prefer.The potato growing experiment was a failure.... not in that they didn't grow, but that they were not yummy at all! They looked lovely, and definitely were freshly harvested. I was careful when tending the plants to make sure that the layers of garden soil were properly built up, indeed I had no idea there would actually be potatoes under there until I turned the pot upside down and rummaged about and found them. There was almost a pound of what appeared to be lovely "new potatoes"... I decided to simply steam them, then add a bit of melted butter and some fresh thyme. Much to my dismay, though they had skins that were thin and tender, and were cooked through, my first taste was unpleasantly and horribly bitter! I have no idea what went wrong, and the internet is not giving me any helpful advice.
※※※
For the most part, my computer usage has been self taught in a totally random and haphazard way. While this has the advantage of not getting entangled in incomprehensible pedagogy, it also allow for unexpected and unknown gaps in what is common knowledge for other folks. A day I learn new (useful) things is a good day!
※※※
August SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | - | tiger block | greenwaste bin |
| 2 | - | - | recycle bin |
| 3 | - | - | - |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
- Mischa patiently explained a bit more about how to use "File Explorer" and PrtScn.
- there was just enough epoxy left to repair the tiger block
- today, while sunny in the afternoon, never got beastly hot
- found the missing sewing pattern in with the knitting patterns
Time of Isolation - Day 1840

I have suffered from vertigo. It is most unpleasant. I wanted to tell you that if it should return a physical therapist who specializes in vestibular therapy can help. My sons are both PTs. The elder specializes in vestibular therapy. He has helped many people who suffered for years from vertigo. One trick they taught me was to lay on the bed on my back and turn my head quickly in the opposite direction that I was spinning.
ReplyDelete