I've decided to share my progress on FB, despite my media diet, so as to reach more people and hopefully generate more interest. I wasn't sure what organisation I was going to suggest to folks, but it will probably be World Central Kitchen, as their good works are world wide, and they are highly rated (A+) by Charity Watch. Though of course in these times, there are many many organisations that could use our help...
※※※
Did a modicum of gardening today, by cleaning up around the marjoram plant in the front yard. It was becoming overgrown by dreadful lawn grass, and needed all the last years flower stalks trimmed back as well. The new garden kneeler/seat works well. Weeding this one plant is such a small thing to take me over an hour, but "proficere lente sed proficere"... I salvaged all the little leaf clusters from the pruned marjoram stems, and dried them in the dehydrator, so now my herb and spice shelf has a small jar with a tiny label "marjoram"
I mixed up the dough for Nena's "chocolate crinkle cookies", which is cooling overnight in the fridge, so I will have treats to bring to the bike store boys... Tomorrow I will bake and the house will smell delightful.
※※※
I've tried, but I still can't skip, though my body remembers the motions, it just remains earthbound. I can do the other thing, that is sort of like flying lead changes, but I can't skip. Maybe if I keep practicing, I will be able to again. There is hopping involved in actual skipping, and my legs don't want to do that .
※※※
I cooked both the zucchini from the previous grocery order, some as roasted chunks, and some as long roasted wedges. This condensed them considerably. My intent is to make a tomato-y cheese-y bake from them, so I hope I have some tomato sauce in the pantry
※※※
March SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | - | grey pinafore | art exchange |
| 2 | - | pruned marjoram | many dead weeds |
| 3 | - | - | - |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | - |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. Ursula Vernon's book Swordheart just hit #5 on the NYT Bestseller List!
2. Rainbow heart chime in my pocket all day.
3. today I learned that hashtags are a thing on Blue Sky. I will use them, going forward...
Time of Isolation - Day 1691


No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed