Wednesday, December 4, 2024

wishful Wednesday

in which our plucky heroine is feeling a bit over her head...

Today was very wintery, it barely got up to 40F here, but I did go out on my bike in the middle of the day, because it was also dry, and must needs take advantage of the dry days to be active!
※※※

~ small pleasures ~
Day 3 and Day 4 - a very pretty blue and purple swirled singular dice, and a soft cozy kawaii blue crocheted fish...
※※※

This is not good... The smoke alarm went off Monday night; I was not in the kitchen cooking, but I was drying some laundry. I suspect that there is something wrong *inside* the tumble dryer; this will require me to take the gorram thing apart and try to diagnose the problem. (And it may require a new dryer, depending on what I can figure out... this one is at least 20 years old, so certainly past it's best used by date)

Ugh! I tried turning the dryer on to "air fluff" which should just turn the drum and not blow heat at all, but it quickly heated up. So I cannot use it until it is either repaired or replaced. As Mr Dawson said: "Homeownership is a time consuming and expensive hobby"
※※※

Not sure what it will take for me to disassemble the tumble dryer, or if it will turn out to be repairable. So, I decided adding a temporary clothesline to the back yard, in the part of the yard that gets sunlight, would be good. I was able to run a line from one of the stupid arborvitae, to the chainlink fence near the plum thicket, back to the tree, and from there to the side post of the alley gate. Good thing I am so short, though the part tied to the tree is up as far as I can reach. There are only some winter days where it is dry enough to line dry clothing, but I will be ready just in case.
Spending hours at a time on hold, I remembered this article... the concept explains a great deal (though certainly not all) of why executive function seems so limited nowadays for so many of us...
※※※

December SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 rainbow cowl tassels
more clothesline
-
2 ---
3 -- -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 x x
x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x


today's gratitudes -
1. Karen helped me think about a different (and better) way to add a temporary clothesline to the backyard. All of us together are smarter than all of us separately.
2. There is a gaming shop in town that has in stock the book of the game we are probably going to do next. I might treat myself, as hardcopy book is eversomuch easier for me to read and refer to...
3. I was able to use the coupons that Ace Hardware sends out to make the cost of the new 100 ft length of clothesline a mere $3.

Time of Isolation - Day 1603

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed