Rode my bike to my PCP office to pick up a copy of my outdated advanced directives to review, and get a set of new paperwork to fill out.
Put in hours of admin time trying to get answers to current medical renewal paperwork questions. Was "bumped upstairs" to speak to supervisor, as the person I spoke with initially did not have the info I needed. When the supervisor called me back at the end of the day, she was able to understand and answer my questions (fingers crossed that she is correct, as it seems much simpler than I had feared), and also gave me some info about a program I am currently enrolled in that will continue after this change, and a phone number to call to get more help in sorting out the insurance options... So, ultimately productive if exhausting day. My tinyfolk are having fun getting ready for Halloween, and I am having fun attempting to photograph tinyworld vignettes...
※※※
I opened the bag of Halloween goodies that Ashe & Co gave me. There was a charming assortment of themed treats: some pencils and a little pen, bat stickers, a homemade ghost and ghost pumpkin, a few pieces of candy, and several pompom soot sprites! I love soot sprites, but had not thought to simply combine black wooly pompoms and googly eye to make some! (remember this idea for next year's Advent Swap)
※※※
I leave the kitchen while I am cooking at my peril, and really need to make it a hard rule that when something is on the stove, that I just stay there until it is done. I burned my 3qt saucepan. Even after two treatments with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, the carbon deposits inside the pan were intractable. So I have ordered a replacement, of a different brand that will actually be a better fit for my pot rack. Being somewhat taller and narrower, with a handle that is 1" shorter, means it will not bang into the kitchen range back.
※※※
Made some Sister Gigi's Corn Cakes tonight to go along with the Hake fish I cooked for dinner. There is plenty of both leftover, the corn cakes store nicely into a Talenti tub in the freezer, and I will mash up the remaining fish and make some fish cakes to match!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed