Saturday, September 28, 2024

Saturday snippets

in which our plucky heroine wants more hours in the day...

Before the kitchen became inundated with fruit flies, I started making a batch of plum ketchup tonight, substituting the somewhat overripe plums for tomato... I am thinking that a second batch could be made specifically for my no nightshade friends, as the color of this variation, being just barely more of a purple-red than tomato ketchup is more appetizing than pale orange condiment made from persimmons.
※※※

~ acorn cap mushroom ~
since it is currently acorn cap season, here is another seasonal thing you can make to share... I found a whole drawer full of these little acorn mushroom ornaments I'd made following this tutorial back in the golden age of blogging, and will be including some as part of the tiny treats for the upcoming swap...
※※※

this is going to be fun... I decided to sponsor a spooky season shenanigans challenge over at Tiny Rag Doll Nation, and there are already four more folks signing on! And, sometime after when I checked in early this morning, Dawn did another drawing for the second place winner in the 13 week wardrobe challenge, and it turned out to be yours truly, or rather, one of the tinyfolk wardrobes I put together... since my dolls are so much smaller than the rest of the crew there, she will create something special that will be just the right TRD size!
※※※

If there are still some not too overripe plums on the tree, I will pick another basket full; enough to make a batch of faux hoisin sauce, and a small batch of totally no-nightshade ketchup.
※※※

September SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 a dozen tetras
porch valance
plum logs
2 tiny doll shorts
mask elastics
oldest pinafore
3 Almandine clothing
origami boxes
recycle bin
4 skirt for Opal
- yard waste bin
5 cardigan for Opal
- recycle bin
6 black top for Opal
x
x
7 Pokemon patches
x x
8 4 jars strawberry rhubarb
x x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. Heather's homemade sourdough bread is delicious!
2. I won the second of the prize drawings for the 13 week wardrobe challenge, which means that Dawn will make my tinyfolk something beautiful and bespoke; I am hoping for a hat decorated with a hatband of tiny crocheted flowers.
3. started making a batch of plum ketchup, substituting plums for tomato... the color is great!

Time of Isolation - Day 1538

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed