Saturday night I saw Young Kestrel on zoom and her tinyfolk put in a request for shorts! one pair in bright colors for zinnia, one pair with yellow polkadots for Xanthy, and either more of the red/green shot linen for Hazel, or if not, brown... Since pants or shorts are the garment of the week, this is apropos.
I didn't think I had any polkadot fabric, but remembered the grey dotted with white quilt cotton I bought to use to edgebind my horses blouse, which also worked well for Opal clothing. And I have a box of Sharpie markers. Including yellow. Now I can I can rest easy knowing there is a solution to the yellow polkadot dilemna that does not involve shopping
※※※
Girl Charlee, my go to online fabric shop for cotton lycra knits, is going out of business, and all their remaining stock is on deep discount. I am very sad about this, as they were quite reliable with excellent quality. Am considering picking up some fabric to have on hand for some of the lingerie sewing experiments I've been meaning to do. At only a few dollars a yard, experimentation will not feel extravagant...
※※※
September SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | a dozen tetras | porch valance | plum logs |
| 2 | - | - | - |
| 3 | - | - | - |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. my Madrona Tribe pals, who introduced me to the music of Vixy and Tony
2. Finally the last of the logs are gone. No one in my circle wanted them. Putting them up on FB Marketplace for free meant many inquiries, most of which never showed up, but there were a few gone the first week, and Saturday someone came for the final half dozen, which will eventually become campfires for roasting marshmallows...
3. strawberry-rhubarb seasoned with cinnamon and orange
Time of Isolation - Day 1513

No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed