Sunday, July 28, 2024

What next?

in which our plucky heroine is approaching the end of a rabbit hole...

I've recently been slightly obsessed with making dolly clothing for my tinyfolk, inspired by the 13 week wardrobe challenge, and while it isn't over until September, my tin of tinyfolk is getting full. I will certainly continue through all the weeks, as I have yet to make more clothing for the denizens of Kestrel's dollhouse, but there are only a few more wardrobe components my crew needs.
※※※

~ wardrobe progress report ~
Opal started out with only the Viking Age garments she was wearing in the "A Grave Affair" grave goods diorama, so she was basically starting from scratch, and I have rather gone overboard with adding in extras. Some, such as the aprons, the tie-dye jersey, and the blue linen dress, were from earlier sewing sprees. I am really happy with the state of her current wardrobe, which only lacks perhaps a few accessories to be complete for most all occasions!
Nandina gave up a few of her former garments to Opal, so she could use a skirt, and maybe another shirt or two...
Almandine is the most challenging of my tinyfolk to dress, so her wardrobe is not quite completed. She has wider shoulders due to her spun cotton head, and she has a fox tail. I managed her trousers by sewing them from wool felt, and adding a gap for her tail. She could use one more woven top or shirt, and I am currently working on a brown chambray pinafore for her, based on the Quimper Hitty "pleated pinafore" pattern...
Kenya is pretty much set as far as her wardrobe goes. She inspired me to dip back into dyeing wool with food coloring, since a mostly purple poncho was something she dearly wished for! I need to see if I can figure out where the miniskirt that went with her dashiki went, or if I can't find it, would be easy enough to replace. (and maybe some love beads, or a peace sign pendant, when I get around to making some tinyfolk accessories)
※※※

It has been rather a while since I read the Wildwood Chronicles, and I'm going to put the hardcopies on hold at the library. I want to reread the books before the Laika stop motion film is due to come out next year. Here is a link to the smallest tiny teaser of animation
※※※

~ a taste of what hope feels like ~
※※※

July SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 4 tiny knit vests
cleaned keyboard
recycle bin
2 tiny cargo pants
pruned grapevine
yard waste bin
3 very smol Birks
horses blouse
recycle bin
4 silkworm print
some more pruning
yard waste bin
5 4 reversible skirts
even more pruning
-
6 Peach tinyprint
x
x
7 8 tiny tops
x x
8 2 tiny cardigans
x x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. back in the 80's (before suitcases had wheels) I was living with Mark in Seattle, and one year he gave me a clever folding luggage cart. I used it often on trips, and just took it from the utility closet to use it to move the big planter pot with the tomato from the porch into the side yard near the clothesline. There is no easy way I could have carried the planter, and wheels and leverage make everything easier. Grateful for a gift of a Useful Tool that's still working well almost 40 years later!
2. The tomato plant appears to be surviving the move to the side yard.
3. Just saw some pictures on Instagram of another Free Little Art Gallery in St Johns, that I will have to track down where it is! More inspiration to build my own!! Apparently it isn't just a PDX thing, as I found a site with links all over the world...

Time of Isolation - Day 1478

1 comment:

  1. I love how cohesive each of the wardrobes is. They are like tiny SWAPs.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed