Tuesday, July 16, 2024

tinyfolk Tuesday

in which our plucky heroine feel partially recovered on a number of axes...

The last few days have been all at upson downs, with disrupted sleep and miscommunications, all topsy turvy... with naps inserted at what are almost random intervals.

I've managed to get the most vital timebound tasks finally completed, and so today mostly consisted of catching my breath, as it were. There was, however, a fair amount of sitting at the computer processing images and text, though by the time that was done, it was far too hot outside to shake out the stiffness by walking or biking. Some stretches, an electrolyte drink, and what I had intended as a short nap turned into a three hour snooze.

I am continuing to try and get my sleep/wake intervals into better order. Fingers crossed it is possible!
※※※

~ week 4 done ~
This has been a fun week in the tinyworld, of experimenting with various ways to customise a simple sleeveless reversible top for all the tinyfolk. I carved a tiny eraser stamp of the OCF peach and made everyone a faux souvenir of Fair. I used my new stamp pad (Yellow Owl Workshop "All Purpose Ink Pad"), which says right on the front "for fabric, paper, and more"... the ink pad is "permanent, waterproof, and archival" and even has instructions on the back for how to heat treat the fabric after printing; (was also a lot easier to use at this extra small scale than my usual tubes of ink and a brayer).

I also experimented with "fussy cutting" the top pattern from printed fabrics to center a small motif in the front of the bodice. Opal (2nd from left in lower photo) has a design of some ferns and a white rabbit on a black background, on the reverse side of her OCF top; this is a great way to take advantage of scraps of printed fabrics.

The other thing that can be done with good effect is to combine the sleeveless top and the flared skirt to create the look of a two-piece dress. In the lower photo, Nandina is wearing abstract rayon batik, and Almandine is wearing batik stripes, both with the top and skirt made from the same fabric.
※※※

currently reading : "My Life in France" by Julia Child
currently listening to : "Paladin's Strength" by T. Kingfisher
※※※

July SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 4 tiny knit vests
cleaned keyboard
recycle bin
2 tiny cargo pants
pruned grapevine

3 very smol Birks
- -
4 silkworm print
- -
5 4 reversible skirts
- -
6 Peach tinyprint
x
x
7 8 tiny tops
x x
8 x x x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. I might as well write it down every day... the cooling aspect of the heat pump has been making a HUGE difference in my well being every day this summer so far. I don't run it 24/7, but rather from midday to morning; turn it off when I wake up and use the fans to pull cool morning air into the house, lather rinse repeat....
2. I suppose it is better to have realised my life purpose (creating and sharing beauty whimsy and delight) at this advanced age than to never figure it out. I do wish I had figured out that what I love to do is okay when I was younger
3. we still have access to antibiotics and they still work. My poor infected toe is now as far as I can tell, fully recovered. (before antibiotics, those sorts of random infections could be fatal)

Time of Isolation - Day 1466

1 comment:

  1. I smile every time you show your tiny family and their creative, colorful wardrobes.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed