Day 13 - more tasty looking polymer fruit, in a second millefiori bowl...
Day 14 - this hand-painted picture of a Very Sleepy Bunny...
Day 15 - a vegetable delivery: cucumbers and tomatoes, with some lemon slices, and a cutting board! I expect either salad, or maybe some tabouli on the menu!
※※※
Earlier this week, I made another trip to the Little Free Art Gallery, where I exchanged a tiny artwork for a mystery packet. Which turned out to be an assortment of scraps of hand decorated papers. Which will be perfect for turning into collage artwork to bring back to the Little Free Art Gallery!
I had a good rummage yesterday in the resource center, for suitable leftover bits of fabric and yarn. Started out with the box of neutral gradient mini skeins used originally to mend Sisters good knit gloves, then found a scrap of Liberty in a sort of grey geometric. I’ve some two tone blue chambray, which will make good “denim”, and an indigo pinstripe, some mostly neutral rayon batik, and a vintage handkerchief with multicolor polka dots. Also some grey/white dotted cotton, and a piece of grey-ish wool felt suitable for a pinafore.
I’m thinking these will be good colors for the Ghostie Girl (who really needs a real name) as her only current clothing are her grave goods. (She was part of a different online Halloween challenge "A Grave Affair" a few years ago and represented the burial site of a wealthy Viking Age woman) I think I will give her proper embroidered eyes and mouth too, rather than just the barest suggestion of features that were appropriate to her former state of being…
※※※
I'm still on the attempt to repair the dead box fan, that being preferable to just binning it. However, I have been totally unsuccesful at locating a replacement switch. So, after much rummaging on the internets, I read about a different thing I could try, but it of course lacked actual instructions. Some guy, instead of a switch, simply wired their fan to be always on, so it turns on/off by plugging it into the wall...
Looking at the multiple wires in and out of the fan etc, can I simply connect the neutral wire from the plug to the neutral wire to the fan, and the hot wire from the plug to one of the three L-M-H wires to the fan? Is there any reason why this would be dangerous? My brain says this should work, in the same way that wiring a ceiling fixture works.
※※※
June SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | musk ox print | horses blouse edge | yard waste bin |
| 2 | green linen Jedi tunic | kitchen light fixture | recycle bin |
| 3 | Nandina floral dress | Luxo plug | - |
| 4 | knit flouncy skirt | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. spider catchers (a clear plastic tumbler and a postcard), kept handy in the kitchen and the bathroom, so when an arachnid makes a surprise appearance, I can, after my necessary yelp and jump, catch it and dump it outside. This is preferable to my former squish it immediately response. I will never not be arachnophobic, but I can alter my behavior
2. paper tape - the sort used for bandaging. I react really badly to mosquito bites (or other bug bites) and have found that putting a layer or two of paper tape over them tones down the itch factor and keeps me from scratching right through my skin while I am sleeping. It still takes at least two weeks for the itch to go away, but the paper tape is breathable and stays in place all that time. I suspect it would look really odd, were anyone to see it, with little white squares of tape scattered hither and thither, but it is much better than before I discovered this.
3. today is raining and cool, not great for bike riding, but I may head out for a walk around the neighborhood later
4. My friends Mischa and Stef are going to teach me about gaming (RPG), an activity that I have never tried, but one that a large proportion of my friends enjoy.
5. There was a bunny in the driveway, eating the clover that sprouts in the cracks.
Time of Isolation - Day 1437





Cherries and strawberries and tomatoes! At Oly Market. Plus carrots and sugar snap peas. Good foraging.
ReplyDeleteHey Sharon... Those sounds delicious! (Of course, all the produce in my post is made from polymer clay and is very very small...)
Delete