probably because I foolishly stayed up extra late last night watching the film adaptation of "Catherine, called Birdy". I found it to be nowhere near as nuanced as the book, and couldn't figure out who the intended target demographic was. Apparently not I, said the little red hen...
over the course of the month, I've been acquiring quite the collection of fruit salad ingredients... Alas, there are only a few more days left in our countdown to the summer solstice swap. It has been so much fun opening a tiny treat every morning!
※※※
Yesterday I had what may be a brilliant idea, to use the top of the hallway bookshelf for one or more room boxes for my tinyfolk. It could be a new and different neighborhood than Tansu Terrace. Of course, I would need to both find other storage for what is there now (gosh I really need one more bookshelf!) and would need to first build some room boxes.
Though, it just occurs to me that they could be made from laminated cardboard... hmmm... I have a robust assortment of corrugated cardboard sheets saved from the last 4 years; laminating and building from cardboard is much more accessible than woodworking (for me), this could be a combination of decluttering and creativity
※※※
I've three more blocks left to carve for my Textile Livestock series - llama, sheep, and silkworm. I think sheep will be next up, as I've an idea to use a drill bit for carving the texture of the wool. I will need to mount the lino on the wooden block first, for safety sake, to make it easier to hold.
※※※
~ red rubber ball ~
※※※
~ red rubber ball ~
※※※
After finding out I can put metal in my recycle wheelie bin (if "100% metal with a maximum size of 30 inches by 8 inches and weighing no more than 30 pounds.") I figured out how to disassemble the dead box fan. The housing went to recycling land, and the plastic grill and dead motor in the trash.
※※※
June SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | musk ox print | horses blouse edge | yard waste bin |
| 2 | green linen Jedi tunic | kitchen light fixture | recycle bin |
| 3 | Nandina floral dress | Luxo plug | dead box fan |
| 4 | 2 tiny knit skirts | plaid flannel slip | - |
| 5 | tiny knit cardigan | - | - |
| 6 | Salish wooly dog print | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes-
1. quick set epoxy, which makes some creative projects much simpler...
2. being able to recycle at least some things just by putting them in the wheelie bin, and having enough hand tools to take apart the dead box fan
3. 5 flavor eggplant... so yummy!
Time of Isolation - Day 1439

No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed