Friday, April 12, 2024

Friday folderol

in which our plucky heroine is getting things done...

Taxes paperwork and copies are done, money orders acquired and ready to be mailed out on Monday. Yay me!
※※※

~ flora ~
When I lived at Mud Bay, the wild variety of these grew along the roadside... here at Acorn Cottage they grow here and there in neighbors yards. I love them either way...
※※※

This weekend is the Sixth 48hr An Tir Backlog Scroll Competition. As I have finished my taxes, I am going ahead with participation in this challenge. I never actually finish a scroll in 48 hours, because I must needs take care of myself and the needs of the body for food, rest, cleaning, and movement. But I am excited to be trying a different period and style than my former (and still favorite) Book of Hours/Gothic period. I have two goals for this challenge, always... to stretch my skills and learn new things, and to have fun. In addition, this time I am hoping to jump start my participating in SCA scribal activity again. My recipient "wants to be surprised", and my hope is that they will be happy with my efforts when they eventually receive the finished artwork...
※※※

Today was warm, warm enough that I went out for my bike ride without my canvas coat, though still in multiple layers. This weekend I really need to start putting in some time with the string trimmer, the lawn is becoming scary shaggy!
※※※

April SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 tiny angora print
computer zone lamp
persimmon prunings
2 5th God bag
blog template  
forsythia prunings
3 -grey turtleneck collar
-
4 - indigo bunny art
-
5 -- -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. Taxes paperwork and copies are done, money orders acquired and ready to be mailed out on Monday. Yay me!
2. New Seasons had pint punnets of organic strawberries on sale for ½ price! I forsee some strawberry rhubarb sauce put up in jars soon...
3. walked over 3 miles today.

Time of Isolation - Day 1377

2 comments:

  1. I loves Bleeding Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have gotten to see their cousin, Dutchman Britches in Thurston County. (Is there a non ethnic name for them?)

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed