Tuesday, March 5, 2024

tinybook Tuesday

in which our plucky heroine is feeling baffled...

so, random house weirdness, this morning the overhead light in the kitchen is on again, after not working at all yesterday. I am tempted to just not turn it off.... at least until I can arrange for replacing the fixture. Which would entail figuring out just how the current fixture is attached to the ceiling. Usually I can suss out how to remove lights, in order to replace them with something more aesthetic and more functional, and have done so almost everywhere else in Acorn Cottage. Ah well, that is a task for some other time, someday in the future, as I have enamel samples to focus on today.
※※※

~ well begun ~
about halfway done with the current tinybook project. The paper strips have been folded and glued into book pages, the end papers cut, folded and added to the blocks, and a gauze reinforcement strip has been glued to the spines. In the back is a single almost completed book, that also has the covers added, the title on the spine, and the decorative stamps on the recto side of the pages. All it needs is whatever "text" I decide to add on the verso side of the pages...
※※※

I very much enjoyed being able to borrow the rotary paper cutter from the Aunties this last weekend. It made cutting the pages for my tiny book project eversomuch easier, compared to laying out all the strips by hand and cutting them with scissors. So... I've ordered one on the FB Market Place, "used" but actually new in box, and it should arrive here sometime next week. My "tool girl" heart is tickled!
※※※

~ more than half done ~
The undersink access panel in the bathroom is completed. I have added two painted wooden turn buttons, to hold the panel securely in place. If access is needed, they can be loosened with a phillips head screwdriver and turned sideways. The hinged panel next to the tub surround can be folded out of the way, and then the handle near the bottom allows the whole panel assembly to be tilted and removed. With luck, I will never again need to do so, but Just In Case, it will be both simple and obvious how to access the undersink plumbing in the wall. Why houses are not built to allow this sort of access in the first place will never not baffle me.
※※※

Month SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 red enamel samples
bathroom undersink access
-
2 turn buttons
--
3 -- -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. Had online video chats with three different folks today. This technology is one of my favorite things about living in the future, something that I never imagined would become anything other than a scifi trope.
2. The sun was shining today, and I went out for a good long walk in the middle of the afternoon
3. I cleverly saved some of the paint when I painted the bathroom walls (back in 2012), and continue to use it when either touching up wall dings, or as was the case earlier today, when I needed to improve my original less than ideal cutting in of the paint along the baseboard trim. Assorted very minor improvements yield a surprisingly strong effect on appearance.

Time of Isolation - Day 1341

1 comment:

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed