Saturday, March 9, 2024

spring forward

in which our plucky heroine plans to go to bed early...

in an attempt to foil the somatic confusion that always occurrs when the clocks change.
※※※

~ very small indeed ~
The enamel champlevé project has moved past the making samples stage and into the multiple trips in and out of the kiln stage. The two pieces now have their first layer of transparent blue. I'm very glad I decided to use a lighter blue than I first tried, as the champlevé cells intensify the color value. Next will be adding transparent green to the tiny laurel wreaths...
※※※

Last weekend I was chatting online with my pal Acantha, who mentioned that she and Gersvinda had gone to Kachka to eat pelmeni (dumplings) and other treats. I remembered seeing the packages in the freezer case at the grocery, so decided to try them as a slightly extravagant treat. Boy howdy those are tasty! I topped them with a dab of butter, a spoonful of greek yogurt in lieu of sour cream, and a splash of vinegar (this combination suggested on the package) If I had some fresh dill, that would have been a great addition...

I wonder how difficult it would be to DIY them, as I accidentally found out that Kachka also sells the special tool to form them into the charming little hexagons. It might be worth an attempt, to be able to add a different new option to my made ahead meals... There are a number of recipes online.
※※※

~ just the right size ~
Leah and her husband Randall like making pottery enough that they turned their attic into a pottery studio. I have a few lovely pieces that they have gifted me with over the years, and yesterday, when she came to visit with Ursel, she gave me this sweet celadon dessert bowl, much to my delight!
※※※

Not much sewing is happening, other than I have almost finished making two new very comfy cotton velour sports bras. Such a fast and easy project to complete, they take just about an hour from start to finish...
※※※

March SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 red enamel samples
bathroom undersink access
some driveway moss
2 turn buttons
-recycle bin
3 6 tiny books
- yard waste bin
4 2 velour sports bras - recycle bin
5 -- -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
today's gratitudes -
1. the new small pottery bowl from Leah is just the right size for small treats, like yogurt with fruit...
2. the cotton velour sports bras are much nicer on my skin than the harsh synthetic fabric used for conventional bras. I keep wondering if there is a way to construct a conventionally styled bra with fabric that was nice instead of nasty.
3. I managed to get the laundry off the clothesline before it was really rained on this morning. If I had put it out earlier Friday, I wouldn't have left it out overnight. Only the second attempt to line dry the washing this year...
Time of Isolation - Day 1344

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed