One of the other very early springtime flowers is hellebore. The one in my front yard is only just showing buds so far, but there was a whole display, pots of various colors of hellebores outside the grocery store. They had all solid colors from dark red to greenish white, but none of my favorite freckled ones...
※※※
This is a really fun "time travel" video...
※※※
※※※
Not sure how the week zoomed by so very quickly, but I am looking forward to getting back to my reorganise and declutter project. I'll be putting in some time hanging the new storage containers on the wall in the bathroom and the utility closet. (this would have been done, as I had planned, by the end of January, had horrible FedEx not dragged their heels)
I shall make a cardboard template of the size of the container and the location of the screw holes - my thought being that will be a lot easier for marking the location than holding the actual container up to the wall with a pencil and a level! I am really pleased with the small white Ikea storage cart (instead of the wooden cabinet) which is working just as I had hoped, to allow me to store the scale out of the way, yet easy to access each morning.
There are a few things about the bathroom I still have not figured out... I want a better "holder" for the roll of TP, and I am not sure that simply hanging it off the side of the cart will be any better than hanging off the side of the wooden cabinet was. I have been searching for years for an alternative solution. And I want a semicircular "curtain rod" to hang a cloth drape beneath the sink. I may speak to one of my blacksmith pals.
※※※
February SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | Jedi tabard | - | - |
| 2 | - | - | - |
| 3 | - | - | - |
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. getting to see Tullia briefly this evening.
2. My concept for the Jedi tabard worked well
3. Today, while alarmingly warm, was also really pleasant for bike riding. I kept thinking, I am at the end of my 60's and I still like riding my bike; I am still able to ride my bike; I am fortunate...
Time of Isolation - Day 1309
Reading in 2024:
1. Mink River
by Brian Doyle -
This book is written in most lyrical prose about the most unlikely folks, in a small town on the Oregon coast. I found it so engaging that I stayed up far too late reading it. Perhaps because I am lucky enough to have coastal people among my circle of friends, and heard some of their quirky stories, the inhabitants of Neawanaka won my heart and my interest
2. A Half-Built Garden
by Ruthanna Emrys -
3.Three Twins at the Crater School
by Chaz Brenchley -
this was recommended to me, but it wasn't my cup of tea... I am not keen on the "adventures of young people at boarding school" genre, even if transposed to a fantasy version of Mars. While this novel is better than many, since there is no infighting and nasty behavior, I just never connected with any of the characters or their challenges in a way that allowed "the willing suspension of disbelief" which is crucial to entering a tale.
4. The Inheritance & Other Stories
by Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm -
5. The Year Without Sunshine
by Naomi Kritzer -
delightful hopepunk novelette
6. Shadow Speaker
by Nnedi Okorafor
7. Liberty's Daughter
by Naomi Kritzer

I like how you are continually improving things in your home. I can live with something for years, then all of a sudden realize it could be better, and that is exciting.
ReplyDeleteRe toilet paper rolls: for over 40 years I just set the roll down wherever is handy to the toilet. Stick a thumb in the center of the roll and pull with the other hand, no problem. No visitors have suggested a different way of doing it.
When I wanted a skirt under a sink, I glued Velcro to the underside of the sink and sewed the companion to the skirt. If I were to do it again, I'd make the sink-side Velcro as wide as possible but the skirt side could be narrower.
Hi Carol!
DeleteI may just do what you suggest re the paper rolls, I can set the "active" one atop the little cart that now sits next to the commode - readily visible and easily deployed!
The bathroom sink is a small half circlular shaped one, and the bottom of the sink is also curved... imagine a quarter of a sphere, only ceramic, and wall hung with no cabinet beneath. I don't think it would be easy to attach velcro to a surface that was curved in two directions, though if I had a surface that was flat, that would work really well. I will continue to mull it over, as I have been for the last ten years or so. (obviously not an urgent issue, I just want to hide the toilet plunger which hangs on the wall below the sink...)