Sunday, January 28, 2024

so tasty!

in which our plucky heroine enjoys a treat...

There is evident small amounts of forward momentum. Some of the desired changes in the bathroom storage have begun, while others are waiting for better executive function, and the time to make templates to attach storage unit(s) to the wall. Good progress is happening on some of the sewing projects. I am determinedly continuing on the drawing every day challenge. I also, just for fun, stitched up two wool felt rose brooches, one in light blue, and one in taupe, both to add to the slowly growing collection of hat ornaments. (a grey hat, and indigo hat, and a brown hat are my goal... all with assorted hatband trimmings)
※※※

Tweedie phoned Saturday morning and let me know that the rose yogurt special order arrived! A damp bike ride to the store and now there are six five little pots of delectable goodness in the fridge, for future treats over the next few weeks...

The rose yogurt is as wonderful as I imagined it would be, based on the reports from both Ariadne and Marian. The rich creamy slightly sweet base of the La Fermiere has just the right amount of floral flavor without being overpowering.
※※※

After I got all togged up to try and ride all the way over to Bolt today, it occurred to me to check and see if I happened to have any interfacing here, first. Yup, at least a few yards that I have no memory of purchasing!? but it saved me several hours (and a pleasant bike ride though). Those hours will, instead, be applied towards the Star Wars Jedi cosplay sewing project, in the hope that it will be completed by the end of tomorrow, if not sooner, so that Tullia can try it on for the final fitting.
※※※

Finished week four of "drawing every day". Not enjoying it as much as I was last week, though that may be related to how Very Untidy the dining table is right now, or to how there have been several days this week where it wasn't a first thing in the morning activity, but rather an "oops I forgot, better do it now"
※※※

So far this month I've made five miniature books to send up to Mud Bay, and another three for the reading room/library Tansu Terrace is meant to have. If the forecast holds, tomorrow may be an easy ride to the post office to mail the box of treats north.
※※※

January SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 Jedi obi sash reinstall octopusrecycle bin
2 Jedi underlayerhang candle lanternrecycle bin
3 2 tiny bookspaint tiger frame yard waste bin
4 teal knit top patch closet holes -
5 3 hats & 3 scarvesteal top mended
-
6 plaid flannel slip
RÅSKOG assembled x
7 5 tiny books
RÅSKOG adapted x
8 hatband roses
bike rear wheel
x
9 x prune persimmon
x

today's gratitudes
-
1. rose yogurt -  10 out of 10
2. the printer/copier I inherited
3. tiny Gashleycrumb Tinies turned out pretty good

Time of Isolation - Day 1305

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed