Last night I stayed up far too late reading. I try not to do that, but sometimes it is just too tempting. That I have read two* new to me books so far this year that were such a pleasure to read has to be some kind of personal record, whatever havoc it has wreaked on my sleep schedule.
That said, only four hours of sleep meant I was not at the top of my form today... after my midday trek through the pouring rain to the pharmacy to get vaccinated for RSV I was so exhausted that hand sewing snaps became just too difficult. I was just sitting there staring at the snap I had just stitched on the wrong side of the fabric, and decided that napping was the better idea. Four hours later...
I'd meant to share the first week, and how the filled up page looked, but the weekend was rather busy. Today was just a bit of an imaginary bird. I realise I
※※※
The consensus among my Sewing Nomad pals is that I should just go for it, rethread my serger with the teal thread, and make up the new top for myself... I can return to the "sewing for others" with renewed vigor, and a bit more color in my life. Not going to argue, that sounds like a good idea, and sewing up a new knit top is fast and easy, one benefit of TNT patterns.
※※※
January SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | Jedi obi sash | reinstall octopus | - |
| 2 | Jedi underlayer | hang candle lantern | - |
| 3 | 2 tiny books | paint tiger frame | - |
| 4 | - | patch closet holes | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. when in doubt, bouillon... between a four hour nap, and a tummy with collywobbles, there was no dinner today, but a cup of warm broth was soothing, warming, and a safe option
2. I can take a nap when I am exhausted, and return to my everyday life and work once better rested
3. TNT patterns that are a doddle to sew, since I've already worked out all the difficulty prior to the project. It must have been almost twenty years ago that I decided I needed a knit top that fit my body. I remember it took four or five tries, and the pattern I ended up with looks nothing like a bog standard tee in the body, but I've been wearing garments made from that pattern every since.
Time of Isolation - Day 1286
* Mink River by Brian Doyle, and A Half Built Garden by Ruthanna Emrys


Reading has been my schedule-disrupter of late as well. I can't seem to put a book down once I pick it up...craziness, lol.
ReplyDelete