I'm making progress on the Star Wars Jedi cosplay garments for SR. The underlayer "dickey" is almost completed, just needs the side ties added. I will be making the obi-style sash next, so as to not need to switch threads on the machine, and then move on to the tunic
Starting on my New Years cooking: the black-eyed peas are soaking. Since I was entirely unable to locate bulgar in either of the local markets! (will need to make a trip next year to the international grocery store over on SE Stark), pivoting to kasha for the kale salad seemed like a possibility. I'll make up some of Sister Gigi's corn pancakes
Some more tiny mushrooms that glow in the dark, and a wee little cat bell...
※※※
~ hat decorations ~
In the past I made several of these felt roses, in various shades of blue, as brooches. All were attached to the now lost denim hat. More will be made... they are fairly fast and easy, and look well, particularly if some green felt leaves are added.~ hat decorations ~
※※※
I soaked dried persimmons in port wine. For the fruitcake, like one does... they of course not only softened but increased in volume, so there was more than I needed for the recipe. It turns out that persimmons soaked overnight in port wine are rather a peculiar cooks-treat, though I can only eat one or two small slices, and somewhat reminiscent of the "baby ears" (dried apricots macerated in booze) I remember Miklos had at 12th Night one year long ago.
※※※
Finally... a replacement DVD arrived in my mailbox today, from the online seller I have dubbed "Mr Incommunicado" for their extremely terse replies to my queries over the last several weeks, (or lack of any reply altogether). The DVD was unwrapped and was immediately taken to the Viewmaster so I could check that it was playable. Whew! The story "The Boy, The Mole, The Fox, and The Horse is sweet and the animation is superbly done.
※※※
December SMART goals (x=extra)
December SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | 7 jars quince | kitchen plumbing | old plumbing |
| 2 | dried pears | heat pump installed | old furnace |
| 3 | dried persimmons | return vent vanes | high pitched whine |
| 4 | linen gauze privacy curtains | bedroom register | yard waste bin |
| 5 | tiny peach charm | bike flat tire | recycle bin |
| 6 | 1-wire Laurel setting | restring necklace | x |
| 7 | "merry mathoms" stamp | x | x |
| 8 | white Pelican setting | x | x |
| 9 | knit acorn oakleaf brooch | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. I finally received a playable DVD, over three weeks from my original order. And the short film was really sweet with beautiful animation.
2. lots of lovely compliments as replies to my "what do people love about you most" meme post... things I'd not realised made a difference.
3. tiny rotary cutter (plus extra replacement blades) arrived today. Clover makes the nicest tools.
Time of Isolation - Day 1276

No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed