I've been thinking about Kestrel's question "what will we do when December is over?" every day... and while I have not come up with something to replace the small dopamine hit of opening a new gift every morning, I have thought of something I want to try. And I might not wait until January 1st to start.
I'm going to start each day off with a 15 minutes of creative activity. I really enjoyed the hundred day stitch book project earlier this year. I think it will be interesting to find out how doing something artistic and creative as a bridge into the waking world each day might affect me.
Today is the first official day of winter, and my advent gift was this carefully packaged linen handkerchief...
※※※
I got a message this morning from the seller of the (defective) DVD, I am
※※※
At my doctor appointment today, the machine that does the instant A1c readings broke. So my PCP asked if I was okay with a regular blood draw... I agreed, but it was a bad move on my part. Neither tech was able to get my wonky lil veins to cooperate, and I ended up with gauze bandages on both arms and no blood for them to test. Harumph! (also double ouch) I really don't want to take the better part of a day to go to the big lab at the hospital, and then wait around for an hour or more in the room full of unmasked and possibly viral people before getting another blood draw. I am going to ask (
※※※
December SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | 7 jars quince | kitchen plumbing | old plumbing |
| 2 | dried pears | heat pump installed | old furnace |
| 3 | dried persimmons | return vent vanes | high pitched whine |
| 4 | linen gauze privacy curtains | bedroom register | yard waste bin |
| 5 | tiny peach charm | bike flat tire | recycle bin |
| 6 | 1-wire Laurel setting | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. after the stress of my office visit, and the cold and damp from riding my bike there and back again, I was able to take a nap this afternoon.
2. Roasted zucchini is fast, easy, and very tasty.
3. Gyoza, homemade, always.
4. I have a new idea to experiment with.
Time of Isolation - Day 1268

Belated Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of starting each day off with 15 minutes of creative activity. I find January a tough month and something like this would really help :-)
Regards Ruthie