Friday, November 3, 2023

looking for art

in which our plucky heroine and Nandina have a tinyworld adventure...

I've been charmed by reading about the various "Little Free (fill-in-the-blank)" things that folks are creating, in addition to the popular book exchange Little Free Libraries. Since it was not supposed to start raining until midafternoon, I decided that Nandina and I would take a few hours and go visit PDX FLAG, a Free Little Art Gallery out in the SE quadrant.

It seemed appropriate to take along one of my artist proof prints of the "F is for fun" blocks to share/exchange, and after checking the location on the PDX Sidewalk Joy map, we set out via Tri Met... The journey was fairly straightforward, requiring only one transfer and a bit of a walk, although somewhere along the way Nandina managed to lose one of her boots, which I didn't notice until we were home again! I suspect this is all part of her grand plan to have me make her some "Doc Marten" style boots instead.

While I was approaching the miniature gallery, two more folks drove up to visit it, and did their own art exchange, so it apparently is a lively sort of spot. There were a variety of different styles of wall art, all small(ish), and we picked out one to bring home, and left my little block print on the gallery shelf. I will likely visit there again from time to time, now that I know where it is, at times when I have the several hours to spare...
.
The sign below the Little Free Art Gallery says:
Anyone can
- leave art
- take art
Please leave
- people
- benches

※※※

November SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 6 jars quince jelly
glove thumb re-knit
-
2 tiny tiger stripe dress
--
3 -- -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. there is much whimsy in the world I have not yet experienced, and, I am doing my part to add to that whimsy, via the Advent of a Better Year swap.
2. a mostly moderate weather day, that allowed an excursion
3. another free miniature Ravelry pattern, from designer that created the little witchy hat, the 10 Min Mini Basket! My tinyfolk and I agree, one can never have too many baskets...

Time of Isolation - Day 1221

1 comment:

  1. Nandina seems quite blown away by the art in the gallery and I find it utterly charming.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed