Saturday, June 17, 2023

unexpected rainbows

in which our plucky heroine is surprised...

Today I managed to walk over to the pharmacy to pick up medication, and whilst walking back home, noticed that the art store had a tent setup outside the store with "Demo Today - Tie-Dye!" on a sign.... I had forgotten that this was going to happen this weekend, and once I dropped the meds at home, speedily returned on my bike with a piece of undyed linen and an Indian blockprinted voile headscarf that was mostly white... Spent some time dyeing, they were wrapped up in plastic so I could bring them home, and after 24 hours have passed, late tomorrow I will be able to rinse out the dye, remove the rubber bands, and unfold them to see what sort of effects were created. I love the anticipation...
※※※

A bit of effort every day for quite a while, and my denim daypack is finished. I am right pleased with the results, and hope it will prove as durable as my black Eames daypack I made back in April of 2019. Decorative patch created by Cada Johnson, day pack adapted from the Range Backpack pattern by Noodlehead.
※※※

I hate it when my body does this, gets stuck in pain mode and interferes with my ability to move about in the world. It hurts the least when I am standing up and walking around. Transitioning from standing to sitting or lying down, or just sitting, or just lying down are dreadful. Riding my bike is bearable, and feels like is is almost doing gentle ROM exercise. Mostly I hate that I don't know why, and that scares me, and always makes me wonder if it is cancer somehow returned and attacking my bones instead of my now missing uterus. I will never be free of that fear, until I am no longer in the bright world.(and lack of sleep doesn't help with my mental equilibrium at all)
※※※

~ FAFO fragments ~
A small Viking-esque festoon made from a combination of amythest beads and some faux granulated beads, to be worn with my FAFO/Pride Viking Age set of clothing, at some unspecified future date. This is my nod towards adding a bit of purple accent color...

※※※


June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 some quilt squares
tea rose temperature
rose and grapevines
2 tinyprint fox
partial backyard mown
some grass
3 arm protectors
Acantha cereal bowl
some more grass
4 moar quilt squares
- recycle bin
5 tinyprint fan
- yard waste bin
6 denim daypack
x yard waste bin
7 x x recycle bin
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitudes
1. serendipitous art demo of the rainbow tie-dye variety
2. delicious Soom tahini from my friend Jenna made the most excellent baba ganoosh.
3. a precious few random moments today when the pain abated

Time of Isolation - Day 1091

3 comments:

  1. Oh A....so sorry to hear that you are in pain and that you don't know why. There could be so many causes, and many of them are completely benign, so I hope that is the case. You looked lovely yesterday, by the way!

    Your backpack is a work of art (of course!), and I'm thrilled to hear you raced back to the art store on your bike to do some tie die. :) I love your spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh A...so sorry to hear that you are struggling with pain. There could be so many causes, many of which are benign. I hope that is the case. Lack of sleep can make things so much worse, can't it?

    Your backpack is a beautiful sight, and I loved reading about the tie die adventure. Your spirit is so sprightly, even if you perhaps don't feel that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops I think I commented three times now...but just know that I am thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed