Monday, June 26, 2023

not quite totally miserable Monday

in which our plucky heroine is weary...

I don't understand why my SI joint hates me so much. I had a very helpful acupuncture session and massage a week ago, which gave me complete relief for a very short while and put everything back where it belongs, but the hour+  car ride home did me in and I was in terrible pain again by the time I was back at Acorn Cottage. I don't know what an actual solution would look like. I have assorted Salves of Anodyne to apply to my back, PT exercises to attempt, hot and/or cold packs, formerly helpful stretches and so forth. This time there was absolutely no reason for my SI to secede from the rest of my body, it just stopped cooperating three weeks ago. Sleep is very difficult, work is difficult. Sitting down is the worst of all, and I cannot spend all my time standing, walking, and riding my bicycle.
※※※

I've been distracting myself by imagining all that would be involved in creating "my perfect kitchen". Writing it all down, it isn't quite a huge a set of changes as I had imagined, though still well beyond my current resources. And that has also led me to imagining what sorts of things I could do to move incrementally towards that kind of space. I could get a better wall phone. I could find or create a floorcloth to cover the burned places, even if re-flooring is not an option now. I could paint the upper cabinet doors. and I could certainly give away all the assorted kitchen gear that I am not using and am not likely to ever use.
※※※

~ in the creativity corral... ~
Switched out the grey background on the tablet weaving for black. It seems a better choice, at least enough to continue weaving the Laurel headband. Slowly continuing to make progress on the Moody Blues patchwork coverlet top. Only one long row of squares left to piece, then it will be time to cut out a whole lot of bias strips for the edging, and attach the layers together. Later tonight will be one or two more tinyprints, and in a day or two, making a toile of the sunhat for Cathy, so I can send it up to Mud Bay for her to try on.  I also received confirmation and a deposit for an additional Pelican medallion, with a very short timeline of two weeks, so need to get moving on that one right away.
※※※

June SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 some quilt squares
tea rose temperature
rose and grapevines
2 tinyprint fox
partial backyard mown
some grass
3 arm protectors
Acantha cereal bowl
some more grass
4 moar quilt squares
tie dye scarf
recycle bin
5 tinyprint fan
white horse print frame
yard waste bin
6 denim daypack
rewarp rainbow Laurel
yard waste bin
7 x
x recycle bin
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. the enamel I ordered arrived, with a lagniappe of some millifiori discs
2. switching out the grey warp for black was less difficult than I feared
3. an new regalia commission, for someone I admire

Time of Isolation - Day 1100

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed