Friday, May 12, 2023

Friday fragments

in which our plucky heroine hides from the sun...

...it's going to be that sort of weekend. There is a heat advisory in place, with temperatures leaping up about 30 degrees. It will be good for block printing, rather less so for enameling.
※※※

~ out and about ~
I went to get my eyes examined earlier this week, which happens pretty regularly now that I am older... on the way there, I saw this very sculptural pink magnolia blossom, and couldn't resist a photo...
※※※

{rant}Every afternoon for weeks now, I get a phone call or multiple phone calls from Comcast, trying to I assume convince me to sign up for one of their services. I've taken to screaming into the phone at the robot. I double checked that I am on the national Do Not Call list, and that in addition am signed up for the internal Comcast do not call list. It is very annoying, both to have my day interrupted repeatedly,and because when we did have a contract with Comcast more than 20 years ago, the service was so inferior that we had to report it. I would never consider arranging any of my utilities through them.{/rant}
※※※

~ day 12 printmaking ~
...carved away the places that will remain white, in the very first reduction print I am attempting. My plan is to do the printing of the first layer this weekend, so it will begin drying, and will hopefully be ready to print the second layer next weekend, and so on. At that rate, the prints will be complete in the middle of June.
※※※

Today is a sad day for me - today, papers were signed to allow Mom to receive hospice care...

And, it has been just a year ...
Dad, all you gave me I will appreciate as long as I walk in the bright world, and your absence is a gap I bump into every day.as they say, grief is what we do with love that has nowhere left to go; and we don't stop grieving, we just learn to live with it.


※※※

May SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 grey canvas hat
front yard mowed
apple tree prunings
2 tiny pomegranate
hooks on drying rack
more dead ferns
3 print drying hooks
- recycle bin
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. The hanging rack above the washer is a perfect place to dry block prints
2. Hospice will make more resources available for Mom's comfort
3. help figuring out what sorts of activity are of comparable risk to me, so that I may be able to add a few positive experiences to my very limited current life.


Time of Isolation - Day 1059

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed