in which our plucky heroine makes incremental progress...
※※※
~ 100 day stitch book project - day 43 ~

Day 43/100 (page 9): big ovals, small ovals, fuzzy corduroy ovals, smooth silk ovals - and I still have no clear vision for where this one is going! I have decided, though, that the base rectangle would be a lot easier to deal with if it is something less drapey, less tightly woven, and a bit more robust than this silk remnant. Since there are 11 more pages in the 100 day stitchbook challenge, I may remove some of the rectangles I have already cut out from the pile and pick out some different fabrics.
※※※
Yesterday I found out a bit of news that made my artists heart sad and sore. Back in August of 2020, during one of the early Scribal Backlog Challenges... I made a backlog scroll for my friend Elisabeth de Rossignol. And, as is normal, sent it off to have the seal and signatures applied. From there, it was posted to her, but it
never arrived. When she saw the images from the current Challenge, she reached out to me to share that she had never actually received the scroll I made and could I try and track down if it had ever been sent to her.
Fortunately I do have photos of the steps along the way, of the finished scroll, and of details of the illuminations. Later on this year, when I have completed the current group of backlog scrolls in my queue, I will set about rep-creating her Court Baroness scroll. I am still pleased with how many details I was able to include that reference her various avocations...
※※※
After 18 years of never using the bedroom ceiling fans (installed by Former Owners, who did so many
extraspecial bits of remuddling - the fans are not correctly anchored and wobble back and forth when turned on), I've decided to begin the process of removing the Dreaded Dustcatchers and replacing them with more pleasant overhead lighting. With that in mind, as I seek out light fixtures that
do not suck meet with my aesthetic approval, I have begun the process by removing and discarding the fan blades, which will make removing the rest of the fan assembly much easier when the time comes.
My PCP visit numbers didn't show as much
difference as I had hoped (no worse, but no real improvement either), which rather flattened me this afternoon. My
goal of taking less medication feels further away than ever, as she
increased my meds instead, and talked about adding a new one. (sad face
me) Prior to all that, I had been feeling pretty hopeful. I need to
figure out how to have my less meds goal in the forefront of my mind, at
all times, particularly when choosing groceries. I seem to be doing
okay with not choosing gluten-containing foods, and that might be
starting to have a calming effect on my rosacea. Now to also shift some
of the other choices that may be affecting my health metrics.
※※※
March SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | - | - | recycle bin
|
| 2 | - | - | yard waste bin
|
| 3 | - | - | ceiling fan blades
|
| 4 | - | - | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x
| x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitudes -
1. faux cheesecake (fruit+dairy+gelatin+"stick blender magic") in the fridge makes a really easy can't cope breakfast. I want to try adding in some extra whey protein, and maybe some flaxseed meal next time.
2. each little bit of declutter makes a little bit of difference. Buh-bye to dusty fan blades, buh-bye to outdated jars of preserves and spice jars so dusty that what is inside is indistinguishable from the dust.
3. I found this thing online called the "
Enamel Art Jam 2023"... free to participate, non-competitive, time-bound (3 months); that sounds enough like fun that I signed up. Stay tuned for further occasional posts!
Time of Isolation - Day 1090
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed