Wednesday, February 8, 2023

postal progress x 2

in which our plucky heroine gets a surprise gift...

~ moss worlds ~
...always something new to see, even on a familiar walk... this celestial mossworld had been beneath my notice all along, until Monday when I happened to actually see what it was...
※※※

postal progress... Not only did I get a treat in the mailbox today, but I also found out some Useful Information when I went to mail the bathmat and cookies off to Olympia. I'd been wondering about the easiest way to deal with postage for the Advent Swap, and it turns out that while it is necessary to mail the prepaid mailer boxes from the post office, it is not necessary to use a prepaid sticker, one can just slap regular stamps on one of the flat rate boxes, and have the posties then add the bar codes etc at the post office afterwards. This will simplify the logistics greatly, as participants can just include the correct stamps when sending in their packets, along with whatever address they want their return packets mailed to.
※※※

~ 100 day stitch book project - day 1 ~


Today was day 20, and the end of page 4, and I was wondering where to begin tomorrow with page 5... when in my mailbox was a manila envelope from my friend Raven in Eugene. Inside, several pieces of Very Vintage japanese textile scraps for my creative reuse. Tune in tomorrow as I attach the scrap piece of indigo printed (hemp?) to the next page...
※※※

February SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 2 tiny bird books
soy sauce cruet base
recycle bin
2 semicircular bathmat
reconfigure neckline
yard waste bin
3 -- -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitudes -
1. a simple way to handle Advent Swap postage
2. some very old fabric for me to play with
3. a day dry enough to get to the post office on my bike


Time of Isolation - Day 1068

1 comment:

  1. Moss is so beautiful! It's like a tiny otherworld!

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed