Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Tuesday tidbits

in which our plucky heroine spends most of the day asleep...

It was hot, forecast peaking in the triple digit numbers, and so after my sojourn to speak to the specialty doctor I forbore to do much of anything but hide from the sunshine. My appointment was at 9 in the morning, and with at least an hour on the bus to get there I set the alarm for 6, despite anxiety/insomnia keeping me awake til almost midnight. Instead I woke up at 5ish, which gave a bit of extra time to run the fans and have a sunrise sanity stroll.

I was in fact greatly relieved to hear that my concerns (while valid) were in fact far more dire than the actual situation, and that in addition, the issue has been present for at least the last ten years, (and who knows how long prior), and is so minor that there is no need for any current treatment or even changes in my behavior. Huzzah! It was rather a peculiar treat to get to see the various CAT scans of my internal organs, but more information is good, and Dr C was quite reassuring. Frosting on the cake that the phone call from my other regular yearly physical came back this afternoon as "everything normal".
※※※

time in the tinyworld:
While this collaborative art piece is a bit larger in scale (more like 1:6) than the usual tinyworld tidbits, and certainly well above my pay grade, I love the concept of a shelf unit full of contemporary artist-made "tiny treasures"...

As far as homegrown artwork, I'm partway through creating a tiny hand bound blank book, the folded signatures are first sewn onto hemp cords in preparation to actual binding... this will be the prize for whoever is chosen for the Heraldic Display challenge over at SCA Miniaturists, and I will be painting their desired heraldry on the cover...
.
※※※

August SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 Kestrel apron
ironing cart
yard waste bin
2 tiny armchair
shims for molding
recycle bin
3 tiny plate rack
tub trim added
ancient printer
4 four hair snoods
pruned quince + plum
yard waste bin
5 snood and pillow
added bathroom hooks
recycle bin
6 indigo tiger dress
worm bin refreshed x
7 tiny fairy book
bathroom wall touch-up x
8 tiny Viking flag
spinny Wellington
x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - my "keerns" (as I called my insides when I was a little bitty thing) are not going to come out through my belly button, the umbilical hernia is really tiny, less than 1cm, and I don't need surgery, not now, and possibly not ever.

Time of Isolation - Day 921

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed