Tuesday, August 23, 2022

T is for...

in which our plucky heroine has a totally treat filled Tuesday...

Today, the miniature Flower Fairy book kit I ordered last month from Malta finally arrived in my mailbox. And an unexpected gift from I suspect Danni, with a maneki neko notebook and not one, not two, but eight tiny maneki neko beads all different, and all unlike any of the other ones in my collection. This brings my total up to 33! In addition, a large flowered box of 1:12 goodies from my pal Ã…nni was delivered later in the day, which included a spinning wheel, some small crystal/glass pretties, and quite splendid large sideboard just calling out for a creative paint job. I suspect it will end up as art and craft supply storage, since my tiny friends seem to be expanding their handcraft horizons.
※※※

time in the tinyworld:
another addition to my tinyworld library... I wanted to try one of the book kits from My Miniature World Shop, which are quite reasonable in price, especially considering the cost and inconvenience of my taking a PDF to a copy shop. I chose "The Book of the Flower Fairies" It took 4 weeks to arrive, which was well within the estimated time suggested in the site info, and Rebecca had already cut the pieces into strips ready to be assembled. Since I have already done quite a bit of mini bookbinding, I didn't need to avail myself of her post about how to turn the kit into a book, as I have my own preferred techniques. I am very happy with the quality of the printed kit, the tiny text is very clear and easy to read, and the images are crisp.

※※※

August SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 Kestrel apron
ironing cart
yard waste bin
2 tiny armchair
shims for molding
recycle bin
3 tiny plate rack
tub trim added
ancient printer
4 four hair snoods
pruned quince + plum
yard waste bin
5 snood and pillow
added bathroom hooks
recycle bin
6 indigo tiger dress
worm bin refreshed x
7 tiny fairy book
bathroom wall touch-up x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - I am loved, and seen, and not forgotten...

Time of Isolation - Day 914

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed