I attempted to make meringues. My meringue cookies were a failure, alas. Unless you like something that has a crisp outer surface and a soft sticky interior. Which I do not. They are alarmingly sweet, and delightfully rose flavored. I suspect I would have liked them more when I was younger. I am going to try making the recipe again, but on a day that is NOT raining, making smaller meringue tidbits, using caster (fine grain/baking) sugar instead of granulated, and instead of the "put in oven and turn off and leave overnight", just a regular bake at a low temperature. So many variables and sources of error...
I might have figured out how to get tiny book graphics to print clearly, as opposed to so badly pixilated as to be almost illegible... It seems to involve turning off some of the automatic re-sampling before changing the resolution from 72 dpi to 300 dpi. I saved a page from the activities page on Harriet Muncaster's website, and was able to have the copy store print it our for me, and turn it into two tiny books. If I can remember how to do it again, I would be able to get some of the other free online tinybook content printed out as well, which would be a treat.
※※※
April SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | tiny Euphorbia | jacket snaps added | yard waste bin |
| 2 | tiny moth orchid | moar wood chips in planter | recycle bin |
| 3 | Countess scroll | weight closer for back door | tax forms mailed |
| 4 | Laurel enamel | tiny drawer handles | - |
| 5 | sunflower enamel | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | - |
| 7 | x | x | - |
| 8 | x | x | - |
| 9 | x | x | - |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - I was able to finish my taxes, ride to the copy store, ride home again to eat lunch, ride to the post office to mail all the tax forms, and still get home while it was daylight and not raining.
Time of Isolation - Day 761

No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed