I made this Lemony Carrot and Cauliflower soup. It is delicious. I did make a few alterations and substitutions: instead of white miso and salt, I simply seasoned the soup with tamari, I used frozen homemade stock instead of water, and garnished it with Greek yogurt, cilantro and Aleppo pepper. Also, after toasting the coriander seeds, and grinding them in a mortar, I then sieved them so as to not have any remaining seed husks in the soup. What isn't tonight's dinner or tomorrow's breakfast will go in the freezer for future dinners, and I am quite glad I copied out the recipe into the back of the current journal, this will be cooked again!
※※※
time in the tinyworld:
Thinking about St Patrick' s Day next week, so I prepped fabric for two little green pinafore aprons, using Sharpie markers to change the white parts of the green/white printed fabric to a yellow-green. time in the tinyworld:
※※※
I forgot to mention that while out in a car yesterday with my friend Poni, I asked if we could stop at Costco. I only shop there a few times a year, usually if I need to replenish my stock of bathroom paper rolls. Whilst there, I always try to gather some of the heavier large cardboard sheets that are used to separate the various kinds of paper goods they sell. These only end up in their recycle bin, but I find ideal for making good copies of patterns I will want to make repeatedly (my TNT patterns). I had run out of this cardboard recently, and providentially there was a store clerk who had already piled up a large number of the pieces, so a quite large roll of pattern cardboard squares came home with me. Just in time to transfer my chore coat pattern and hang it up with my other TNT patterns, until it is time to actually start sewing the raincoat. Huzzah for my Sewing Nomad friends, cheering on my efforts to finally get these projects out of my head and into my closet!
※※※
~ creativity challenge ~
~ creativity challenge ~
※※※
This morning when I poked at the phone for some "get up and do chores" music, it turned up Richard Thompson doing 1000 Years of Popular Music... What a treat to start the day with!
※※※
Twice now I have been able to catch a mostly dry and breezy partial day and get laundry out in the side yard to dry on the line. Thankfully, there is more rain in the forecast, since we are nowhere near where we need to be for water this time of year. But I do love how sweet the laundry smells after line drying.
※※※
Yesterday I gathered some books I didn't need any more and toted them off to some of the local Little Free Library kiosks. I sometimes find interesting books there, take them home to read them, and then return them again...
※※※
March SMART goals (x=extra)
March SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | tiny tulips | more compost liners | yard waste bin |
| 2 | tiny crocus | mended gloves | recycle bin |
| 3 | yet moar tiny books | more apple pruning | books to LFL |
| 4 | little ladle | tiny bucket handle | - |
| 5 | - | acquired 2021 tax forms | - |
| 6 | x | - | - |
| 7 | x | x | - |
| 8 | x | x | - |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - a crockpot is wonderful, it cooks dinner while I am doing something else...
Time of Isolation - Day 727
I agree with you about crockpots; they are almost like having someone else cook for you!
ReplyDelete"Firing up" the kiln reminded me that our local utility charges 10¢ per kw hour from 7 PM to 1 PM the next day, while 3 PM-7 PM costs 17-28¢ per kw hour.
Well now you got me all curious, so I had to figure out how much my kiln draws in electric bill cost (per day) to run, assuming I have it on for 10 hours (not usually that long, but a nice round number) and it would be about a dollar a day
DeleteThat's a bargain! I suspect different areas have different utility charges.
DeleteI am sure they do...
Delete