Friday, February 4, 2022

Friday fragments

in which our plucky heroine feels a bit like the Red Queen...

Today was another one of those spend hours on hold days. None of the local offices were answering their phones. Finally gave up after losing most of the morning, and masked and bundled up to head out to the closest Office of Aging in person. Three bus transfers later and I was able to drop off the one piece of paper they needed. Sigh. At that point I was exhausted. Still going to try and maybe get a bit of sewing done tonight before Sewing Nomads meets tomorrow morning...
※※※

~ start with art ~
Day 3 - a pencil sketch, inspired by a photo. I was interested in how the stripes were like contour lines, and how to use the pencil to create texture and depth
※※※

in the tinyworld:
Just when I was beginning to give up hope, the treat I ordered for myself last month finally showed up on my doorstep... The kit contains printed pages and covers for thirty miniature books. Since I haven't a digital printer, this seemed a great way to get tiny books, and to provide myself with hours of fun.
I somehow hadn't remembered that the kit is packaged as a giant book, that opens out into a sort of room box/diorama, and also includes a kit for a miniature bookcase (to store all the tiny books) It felt rather like small scale IKEA flatpack, to assemble a sturdy bit of furniture from woodgrain printed cardboard. My maker-child heart is completely delighted; the packaging design is genius!!
Here is an example of one of the tiny books... They are a bit large for 1:12 scale, being almost 1.5" x 1", but have nicely printed internal pages, endpapers, and cardstock covers with front, back and spine artwork


※※※

February SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 tiny bedroom stove
vego bed assembled
recycle bin
2 tiny book and bookcase
--
3 -- -
4 - - -
5 -- -
6 x x -
7 x x -
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - I seem to be easily amused. A childs toy library will keep me entertained for at least several days. Well actually longer, as I intend to assemble the tiny books one each day, savoring the enjoyment over the course of the month

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed