Well that was interesting. I've been increasingly unhappy with my Old Mattress, and how lumpy/saggy it has become; it seems to affect my back being painful both at night and when I wake up. (I actually have a New and Different Mattress, but need to reconfigure my bed frame in order to use it) Last night I decided to sleep in the guest/sewing room instead, on the futon. Which I know is flat. I dragged the memory foam topper onto the futon, for a bit of extra comfort since I am not twenty years old any more.
Result, while it was harder for me to get to sleep (different room, different orientation, different bed feel) I woke up without a painful back. I intend to continue this experiment, and also to do what I can to move forward on altering my bed frame to suit my new mattress which is still in the box it arrived in back in 2019?
Hmmm... waking up in the sewing room made me think it might be a good idea to do another round of decluttering in there, and also to rearrange where the things are stored. Prime access spots ought to be for things I use often. "Backstock" supplies that are rarely used, should be less accessible. Sewing patterns, I am looking at you, you could be in a storage box, and not taking up half a shelf front and center.
I don't know for certain what these mushrooms are, other than colorful... I suspect that they are "turkey tail" mushrooms, and will examine them a bit more carefully the next time I walk in that direction in hope of gathering more data.
※※※
Finished the Pelican enamel last night, so this afternoon will be devoted to creating the setting for it, so it can be mailed out tomorrow morning.
A bit of catching up, since I spent most all of yesterday in the workroom, enameling, when I wasn't on a zoom call. Sunday's prompt was "jewelry" so Almandine decided to explore some of my beads and baubles... She is hoping that I can figure out how to create a bead necklace for her! And today's prompt was "from afar". Almandine and Sequoia are having a playdate with the Japanese Akita guardian dogs that watch the front door of Acorn Cottage
I was getting ready for an online SCA panel discussion Sunday afternoon (so had changed from my modern clothing into my SCA garb) when the doorbell rang! I looked out the front window, and saw my friend Emily at the end of the walkway; she had just dropped off a little bag of treats for me and my tiny friends, but looked a little puzzled at my attire. I was amused at her comment that she was wondering if I had a special way of celebrating Sundays?! and I then explained the reason for my unusual clothing and headgear...
※※※
January SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | blue Almandine trousers | pruned feral roses | yard waste bin |
| 2 | tiny dominoes | mended turtleneck | recycle bin |
| 3 | tiny domino box | cleared dining table | - |
| 4 | Almandine ragg pullover | third jacket toile. | - |
| 5 | leather thimble | ironing board cover | - |
| 6 | Almandine underdress | x | x |
| 7 | Pelican enamel | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - I have a spare room, which serves multiple functions ie guest/sewing room.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed