Siblings, spouses, and grandchildren all wrote wishes and appreciations for my Dad. A group effort, the initial idea was from my sister, my sister-in-law printed out the pages, and I bound it all into a keepsake booklet.
The lying press, awl, and the piercing board made it easy to place the stitching holes
as there were only a few pages, I used a tabbed binding to add enough width to the spine for easier stitching, and to give the little booklet a feeling of substance
Beginning to sew the Coptic stitch binding that will allow the book to open flat so that each page will be easy to read
The covers are bound in vintage marbled paper, and I chose an unobtrusive waxed linen for the stitching
The sewn binding, and a sense of the size of the booklet (8 1/2" x 5 1/2")
I always hear this phrase in my Dad's voice...
with love from all of us!
※※※
December SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | carpenter pockets | pruned Japanese maple | yard waste bin |
| 2 | 3 jars spiced pears | pruned persimmon tree | recycle bin |
| 3 | some candied peel | reset back door latch | recycle bin |
| 4 | more mini papel picado | AC removed for winter | extra cardboard |
| 5 | final quince jelly | - | - |
| 6 | several looper potholders | x | - |
| 7 | Coptic booklet | x | - |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - the bookbinding tools we created years ago, when I was living in Olympia, which continue to work well for me my whole life long.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed