The number of hours I have spent on hold, and being shunted from pillar to post in various departments of various facilities in the last week are far too many for what should be simple questions about medical and household appointments and issues.
When I got to the drug store this morning for my booster shot appointment, I was turned away once they checked my vaccination records (my exact 6 month date is the 17th and not the 13th, despite my having given that information to the person making the appointments last week. So frustrating, and a waste of time in both directions. Fortunately I was told that I could just come back on Sunday, since they already have my information form filled out, and I don't need to try and make a new appointment!
Now I am back on phone hold trying to get information from Lowes about getting the new stove hooked up when it is delivered. The delivery and taking away the wretched old stove is scheduled for tomorrow, and I have been trying for several days now to get any information about the "attach new stove to gas line" part of the process.
it's autumn
※※※
※※※
The weighted stormdoor closer I created for the front door needed some adjustments, and moving the lowest screw eye allowed the door to open fully, which will be important tomorrow when the stove is delivered. The cord length between the door and the weight also needed adjusted. All in all it is a clever hack, and bears repeating on the back door stormdoor.
At Ikea I was able to pick up a small OMAR storage shelf, suitable for holding the convection oven and the microwave; moving them off the countertop should allow for more working space in the kitchen, from next to the stove, and next to the sink.
After chatting online with Raven about Scythian scroll ideas, it also occurred to me that I might do a Scythian themed calendar for 2022, with various artifacts and textile patterns... could be really a fun challenge, as well as reminding me to believe that there will continue to be a future.
※※※
October SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | tie-dye top | sample leaf and stem | yard waste bin |
| 2 | - | pruned Japanese maple | recycle bin |
| 3 | - | assemble OMAR | - |
| 4 | - | repaired door closer | - |
| 5 | - | - | - |
| 6 | x | x | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - my friend Wanda was so very kind to give me a ride to the various errands I needed to do today, and offered to give me a ride again later on, to deal with the bits that were SNAFU'd today


No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed