Saturday, October 16, 2021

Saturday snippets

in which our plucky heroine has a somewhat better day...

I much prefer to awaken from comparatively peaceful sleep (as opposed to Thursday nights anxiety nightmares) with a morning activity ahead that promises connection and creativity. I was not disappointed.
※※※

beauty in the time of isolation:

sky mirror
※※※

so... it will be at least a week before my friends Rois and Chance will be back on this side of the pass, so meals will need to be prepared without a stovetop. A bit more of a challenge than I would have thought, despite having the wee tabletop oven, an electric teakettle, and a microwave. Most of what I cook is, if not entirely stovetop, has essential ingredients that are stovetop!

While I could just spend the week eating soup, cottage cheese, salad, and yogurt, I am thinking I could probably "cook" raw spinach by pouring boiling water over it, letting it sit for a few, and then draining it. This would allow me to make "spinach bake" which is a sort of crustless quiche that includes rice or some other grain and makes a kind of all-in-one food that can be cut up and microwaved for breakfasts. There's an emergency boil-in-bag packet of rice (in addition to all my packets of Indian food) and this would be a good use for it, or I could make up some bulgar, which only requires having boiling water poured over it and soaked for a while
※※※

~ creativity challenge ~
Beginning on a new kerchief, inspired by Alabama Chanin style. This is an experiment, not sure if this triangular shape and weight of textile will be suitable for the way I like to wear headwraps... I really want to try some new assorted decorative ways to cover my thinning hair, and in the winter, my head gets cold!
※※※

October SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 tie-dye top
sample leaf and stem
yard waste bin
2 -pruned Japanese maple
recycle bin
3 -assemble OMAR
recycle bin
4 - repaired door closer
-
5 -- -
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - This morning I had a chance to Zoom with some longtime online friends from Stitchers Guild, who I have never met IRL. (locations spanning 9 time zones) We were just getting started organising the Zoom a few weeks ago when the entire SG message board went down (and is still offline). It was so wonderful to get to see folks faces, and hear their voices, for the first time, and do a bit of show and tell, and sharing of technical knowledge. Once in a while, living in the modern world has treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed