Every day, I start out making a list of four or five simple tasks I need or hope to complete... I remember being able to easily do at least that much, and still have time for work, and for play. Nowadays I am lucky if I can manage one or two. My life is out of balance, on all the axes that I can observe, and I have no idea at this point what will improve the situation. I do my best to get in some physical movement each day. I make a point of noticing the small bits of beauty in daily life. I attempt to stay in contact with other people, albeit in the limited digital fashion that is all that is available. It isn't enough.
Starting my recombinant tiedye top, recutting and filling in the former front neckline now turned cuff edge of the sleeve... The other sleeve, cut from the shirt back, only will need a narrow bit to extend the cuff edge. There will be enough additional scraps to do reverse applique decoration around the neckline, to blend the teal jersey fabric with the tiedye into a harmonious whole. With gratitude for the gifted tee with such a beautiful dye job done by my friend Aeolus... This will provide me with quite a lot of "slow sewing" over the next few weeks.
※※※
The windfall apples, with all the bruised and buggy parts cut away, were still enough to make five jars of applesauce, (two 16oz and three 8oz) The sauce seemed a little too tart, so I added just a bit of dark brown sugar, which softened the flavor to a slightly caramel/tart combination that was very pleasing.
It is hard to remember what the apple varieties are, since the tree was acquired over fifteen years ago, and I have no records, plus much of the tree has been damaged... based on the appearance, I think I have Jonagold and Gala? The branches where I was rigorous in thinning earlier this year have rewarded me with quite large single apples, and there are a number of them still on the tree.
Honeybees are still active, gathering pollen and nectar where they can find it...
※※※
September SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | Greek masks block carved | rodent removal | yard waste bin |
| 2 | pillowcases printed | bicycle tube replaced | recycle bin |
| 3 | snood for Ariadne | side plum pruned | yard waste bin |
| 4 | memorial calligraphy | apple tree pruning | broken oven bits |
| 5 | tiny fox "Almandine" | - | - |
| 6 | fig lemon jam 5 jars | x | x |
| 7 | Almandine clothing | x | x |
| 8 | windfall applesauce 5 jars | x | x |
| 9 | Nandina blouse | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude- I may be old, but I got to see a lot of good bands!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed