Tuesday, September 28, 2021

a second Chance...

in which our plucky heroine has an adulting sort of day...

Started the day with a trip to the dental school for teeth cleaning. Very grateful to friend Poni for getting up before 6am so she could pick me up at seven for my appointment at 8am. We were both pretty exhausted by the time she dropped me back at Acorn Cottage. But hey, my teeth are cleaned, and the hygienist told me I have been doing a good job of home care for my teeth!

Getting back here before ten meant that I was here when C returned to sort out the stove valve. I was not expecting him to take a day off work, and drive back over the pass, but he was very concerned that I not have to go without hot water for several weeks until their next trip this way. He and his wife have been friends of mine for years. It only took a really short time to fix the problem, and he also re-lit the water heater for me. I miss them both a lot, and the fun times we would have crafting and cooking together when they lived one town over, instead of half across the state...
※※※

~ creativity challenge ~



postcard #4 was inspired by my deep dive into autumnal preserving. Can you spot the error? I really ought to draw from life and not from my imagination!
※※※

My SI joint is still about as crankypants as it was at the beginning of last week, along with some other spots in my back that haven't bothered me for decades (subscapularis I am giving you the side eye). My sojourn in the dental chair of extreme discomfort* did not improve my back one bit.
※※※

this is so good!

※※※

September SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 Greek masks block carved
rodent removal
yard waste bin
2 pillowcases printed
bicycle tube replaced
recycle bin
3 snood for Ariadne
side plum pruned
yard waste bin
4 memorial calligraphy
apple tree pruning
broken oven bits
5 tiny fox "Almandine"
moar apple pruning
old frozen food
6 fig lemon jam 5 jars
added bat embroidery yard waste bin
7 Almandine clothing
freezer defrosted x
8 windfall applesauce 5 jars
pears dehydrated
x
9 Nandina blouse more dried pears
x
10 postcard #1
plums harvested
x
11 postcard #2 and #3
x x
12 applesauce 16 jars
x x
13 Awesome Sauce 7 4oz jars
x x
14 Awesome Sauce 5 4oz jars
x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude -  tiny hummingbird sighting this morning. I walked out the front door to check the weather, and noticed a bit of rustling/shaking in the hardy fuschia. Then my sight shifted and I could see into the shrubbery, where a hummingbird was drinking nectar from the fuschia blossoms... always a treat to see that!

*mind you, it isn't the activity that happens when I am in the dental chair that is the problem, but the extremely poor ergonomics of the chair itself. I was joking to the hygienist that the chair must have been designed to fit "big Swedish men"... and she informed me that in fact, the dental chair company is, in fact, based in Sweden! We both laughed!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'd say the can grabby thing, too.

    Maybe you can take some pads to make the dentist chair more comfortable. I also like to have a warm blanket over me, which my dentist provides, but I could bring one.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed