Thursday, July 22, 2021

a poetic interlude of despair

in which our plucky heroine wakes up sad...

Slipping inexorably, my hands and feet tractionless on long dry slippery grass. My throat is thick with unshed tears. Recent hope is circling the drain, as thoughtless stupidity hands the keys of the human world to a mindless virus. In the Before Times, I clung to a dream of finding the steps into a better future, both for me, and overall. The gateway to that path is closed now. The brightness of wildland fires and heat dome sunlight burns the maps.
※※※

2 comments:

  1. Being sad is ok. Sometimes things are hard, and you have a lot to cope with. I think yo7 will find your pluck again, especially when you physically feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despair is not good, but it can lead to bursts of creativity like your beautiful poem. It's incredibly painful but important for those of us who are aware to bear witness and leave a record of humanity's self destruction. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed