Monday, December 21, 2020

on the day of sunreturn

in which our plucky heroine cogitates and creates and takes care...

Made it thus far. Another turn around the sun. I've given up on attempting to imagine what the future may hold, since I never imagined a year of isolation... but somehow, if Dame Fortune does not turn her face away  from all of us... there will be a way to patch together bits of beauty and kindness, small paths of connection, and repair and rebuilding.

this beautiful artwork by Jude Hill seems everso appropriate for the day, the season, and the year...
※※※

~ 100 day creativity challenge - day 78 ~
Not sure this counts as creative, but I rearranged the bedroom clothing storage, and now the two larger dressers shifted from vertical tower format to a horizontal base, and the tansu chest has pride of place atop them. This necessitated moving the knitwear tower out of the closet into the bedroom, and I shifted the shoe bench from the foot of the bed to against the wall under the window. Somehow, the same amount of cubic feels more open.
※※※


※※※

beauty in the time of isolation - day 282:
so, this is a lovely unexpected gift, a wee little handmade chasing hammer. Bill made it and I found it in the care package from the Mud Bay crew, (along with some pretty sock yarn, pens for scribal activity, and some of the best marzipan on the planet, and a photo of yours truly holding the child of the household back when they were a wee infant) I am taking the hammer as a promissory, for the day will come in time when travel to visit friends will again be comparatively safe, and I will again journey northwards to garner hugs and to spend the promised studio time creating wee little chisels and burnishers, like the ones I learned to use when creating the Minoan pendant back in 2019, which may be my masterwork.
※※※
 
December SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 tiny patchwork
Nandina's nose
recycle bin
2 2 Kiki biscornu
worm bin rebedded
yard waste bin
3 2 sample masks
dainties bag patched
yard waste bin
4 spiral tea towel
x
recycle bin
5 new spice rack
x knitting sets
6 10 wire stitch markers
x moar cardboard!
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - there was Unexpected Birthday Cake! Gersvinda brought me a care package from herself and Kaðlin and Ursel, which included an interesting mixture of dollhouse furnishings, Vegetables of Unusual Types and sizes (Giant squash, and the Birthday Turnip) and some individual mini homemade chocolate bundt cakes

1 comment:

  1. You are richly blessed in your friends, and in opportunities for improving your surroundings. We are richly blessed, in your sharing your life with your readers.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed