Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Tuesday tidbits

in which our plucky heroine is surprised...
 
 ~ 100 day creativity challenge - day 60 ~
Last week the tiny rag doll challenge was to make something using flower petals... which I found quite challenging as a concept. When I finally discovered a hair ornament in a box of craft supplies here, a black velvety flower, I thought to myself... hmmm maybe a little goth outfit could be an option, but somehow, Nandina is not the goth type. So, I decided to make Nandina a new friend. My original thought was a freckledy redheaded girl with some long braids. I found some speckledy natural linen and started on a new tiny rag doll.
.
this is Xanthy... this morning they discovered the pumpkins growing through the hedge in Karla's yard. They are Nandina's new friend and housemate... I'm always a bit surprised at how each creation quickly shares their personality and preferences. They are a bit of a scamp, a bit of a goth, and very much non-binary. Xanthy let me know right away, for example, that they didn't want the long braids I'd envisioned, but for me to cut their hair a lot shorter...
※※※

I bought two large (1 gallon) tomato starts from the local garden center, and was very happy with my Stupice and my Oregon Spring harvest this year. I managed to keep them alive and happy, and there were enough for salads and a few BLT sandwiches. I did a good job thinning the apples on the tree this year, and the fruit was very good sized (Next year I will try and get the nylon fruit protectors on the baby fruit, as that will mean that the good sized apples are not all wormy, I forgot to attempt it this year alas) My small young quince tree (planted in 2018) has 14 quinces which I will harvest next month
※※※
 
beauty in the time of isolation - day 194:
black-eyed Susan flower
※※※

October SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 6 jars dilly beans
wheelie bin scrubbed
yard waste bin
2 3 jars vanilla port pears
east window repaired
old window trim
3 Xanthyx yard waste bin
4 x x recycle bin
5 xx x
6 x x x
7 x x x
8 x x x
9 x x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - there is no end to creativity as long as life and breath hold...

1 comment:

  1. It looks like Nandina takes great interest in the creation of her new companion, and a lovely companion she is. Quite cute! Does she have a Scottish burr?

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed