every morning, paying attention to what fragments of the natural world are there to be seen, whether it is the colors of the sky and clouds, the small urban predators that many people keep as commensal housemates, or the avian life that seems most visible when there are fewer humans. Today there were several flickers, a mourning dove, and a pair of chickadees all in the alley behind Carla's house. I let them be, and chose to walk another way.
※※※
something peaceful to listen to
※※※
something intense and fun to listen to
※※※
~ 100 day creativity challenge - day 43 ~

Started working on the "EQUITY" print yesterday... still needs some work, as I don't have all the parts looking quite the way I envision them, but the general effect is there... more sketch layers today, and I should be ready to start carving the block sometime this week.something peaceful to listen to
※※※
something intense and fun to listen to
※※※
~ 100 day creativity challenge - day 43 ~

※※※
Lately, on my sanity strolls, I've been carrying along several small empty Talenti tubs in my pinafore pockets, to take advantage of backalley blackberries. No one will mind my careful harvest of the fruit of what are invasive and often unwanted vines, and with care, there should be enough to turn into several jars of bramble syrup to add to my winter pantry.
...after my enjoyment of the wonderful stenciled koi, as I raised my eye a bit above the sidewalk, there was this cheerful statement stuck to the planter in front of the little shop... I'm really curious now, about the people connected to the shoe repair shop, and I hope that they continue there successfully
Is this not the most delightful tiny soapstone pot! My Swedish friend Riia made it for Nandina... carved from a fragment from Solem quarry in Norway.* It is a representation of a Viking Age cooking pot, and I think now that Nandina needs a whole small SCA encampment, with gear and a campfire made from an LED flickering candle...
※※※
August SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | scribal sketchbook | light bulbs replaced | yard waste bin |
| 2 | scroll for Countess E | box fan cleaned | recycle bin |
| 3 | tiny knitting bag | box fan cleaned | - |
| 4 | tiny tote bag | rosemary pruned | - |
| 5 | Nandina handknit | box fan cleaned | - |
| 6 | Nandina sunhat | organise new paint | - |
| 7 | tiny knitting book | x | x |
| 8 | Nandina clothing | x | x |
| 9 | tiny basket | x | x |
| 10 | another tiny rag doll | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - creative kindness... yesterday I found out that my pal Ursel is making a little Viking style tent for Nandina! (I guess I better get busy making her some additonal SCA camping gear, eh?...)
* 62.945505, 10.470134 is the location of the quarry you can paste into google maps.


Sounds like Nandina has captured people's hearts and inspired them. She's awfully sweet!
ReplyDeleteI've been surprised and delighted that my somewhat whimsical decision to amuse myself in this time of isolation by returning to an old childhood form of enjoyment has not only helped me add some structure to my own days, but also has been bringing pleasure and a bit of lightness to assorted other folks...
Delete