Thursday, May 14, 2020

hypochondria stay away from me...

in which our plucky heroine is still feeling quite puny...

All I accomplished today was to get dressed, take about a half-walk early this morning just at sunup, and make a very little sewing progress on my floral blouse. Still have a terrible headache, though it was somewhat subdued when I remembered that I could take Tylenol, and took a three hour nap in the afternoon to make up for waking at about 4AM this morning. My face still hurts, I still cannot wear my glasses, and my neck is still stiff. I really hope that all this feeling physically off is a result of my bad fall last week (combined with allergies), and not signs of the virus...

Had a Zoom call with my parents and sister, and while that was being setup, my brother and sister in law arrived with a groceries for Mom and Dad, and actually went into the apartment, just long enough to drop off the food and set up the tablet for Zoom-ing. Seeing half my family in masks felt odd. This whole thing is so odd, but I am starting to feel like life will always be this way.
※※※

beauty in the time of isolation - reset day 8:
homemade butter from dear Heather, a vintage butter dish (longago housewarming gift) from Beth and Karen, and in the back, some fresh veggies from Zabet... doesn't get more beautiful than the lovingkindness of friends
※※※

I've noticed today that pretty much all the rooms here in Acorn Cottage are beginning to show random clutter clumps. This is a sign I have seen before, when I am not coping as well as I think I am. One cure, since the current stressors are not going away, is if I simply pick one room at a time, and actually tidy things back into their places (at least all the things that do have places, which at this point is most of them). I do not need to have random projects scattered about, cheek and jowl with clean laundry, drawing supplies, and the scraps from the last mask making madness... Tomorrow I will start in the kitchen, and if all goes well, by the end of the next week I will both feel physically better and also have a more visually peaceful home again, which will make me feel mentally and emotionally better. I have learned over many years that rather than waiting for feeling better to inspire me to clean and declutter, simply making small changes bit by bit irregardless often has better results.

"Inspiration is for amateurs,
the rest of us just show up and get to work..."
~ Chuck Close
※※※

May SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 collage bird netting peaslong grass backyard
2 strawberry rhubarb harvest pea greensyard waste bin
3 lemon curdharvest sunflower greens -
4 x
planted tomato starts -
5 xstarted arugula/cilantro -
6 x x
-
7 x x
-
8 x x x
9 x
x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

today's gratitude - being able to take a nap when tired... Also, getting a letter today from my dear friend Vesta!! I plan on answering her missive tomorrow (so there is even a thing for me to look forward to)

1 comment:

  1. I have a set of nesting mixing bowls in the same pattern as your butter dish.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed