I decided it was time for a virtual consultation with my dentist, and thought that it would be useful to send him a picture as well. Since the clinic is closed for the foreseeable future, I sent him a text message instead...
Prior to that, it seemed sensible to me to include a picture of the part of my gum that can be accessed without assistants... Turns out it is devilishly difficult to take a photo of the inside of your own mouth! Imagine our plucky heroine standing in front of a mirror, holding a pocket flashlight in one hand, and a phone camera in the other, while simultaneously trying to hold my mouth open with the hand holding the flashlight, point the flashlight at the relevant area, encourage the phone to actually focus on the surgical site, and poke the take a photo button...... after a number of back and forth messages, so far as can be determined all is reasonably well with my surgical site. I am now allowed to eat food that is somewhat more normal as long as it is not crunchy, sharp, or excessively hard. I am quite tired of a diet that consists entirely of yoghurt, broth, rice noodles, scrambled eggs, and mooshy tuna salad sans veg.
※※※
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the worldThe heart has it's beaches, it's homeland and thoughts of it's own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
But the heart has it's seasons, it's evenings and songs of it's own"
from Eyes of the World, J. Garcia / Robert C. Hunter
※※※
March SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | candied pomelo peel | back corner fence | yard waste bin |
| 2 | blood orange marmalade | pantry reorganised | recycle bin |
| 3 | cara cara marmalade | corned beef in freezer | - |
| 4 | three drawings | repair dainty bag | - |
| 5 | new ricebag cases | fruit tree pruning | x |
| 6 | x | peas planted | x |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
Today's gratitude - I am getting a tiny bit better each day at coping, my body is doing it's best to heal from the periodontal surgery, and this week I have been managing to get at least one thing done each day beyond basic maintenance of self and house.
I find that my cell phone camera is the most cumbersome and difficult tool I own. Amazing that you were able to get a recognizable picture of the inside of your mouth! Glad things are healing well. You should add "gums" to your list of things fixed, as that was a major accomplishment for this month.
ReplyDeleteOoo Katrina, thank you ! I hadn't thought of including gums in my list and it is perhaps my best achievement for the month!
Delete