Best thing in the previous week - young Heather got me a tiny heater as an early birthday gift: a little half-size oil filled radiator, just right for the wee bathroom here at Acorn Cottage. Turned it on for a half hour, and the temperature in the bathroom went up to 65F - no more shivery showers. And, while I turned it back off after the ablutions, with the door closed, the room stayed noticeably warmer than the rest of that end of the house for several hours.
※※※
I've been making steady progress on the yellow undergown for Laurence, which is mostly completed. I decided that the actual hem could be machine sewn, since it only entailed turning up the serged hemline twice, and the machine stitching simply blended into the gauzy texture of the linen. The escallop trim is being stitched in place by hand, and while I'd normally just turn that over to Thora, it is being a peaceful thing to do while winding down later in the evening
※※※
Finally started making progress on the Pelican ring for Wanda, once I found where I put the relevant components... those darn "safe places"! This one was tucked into a ziploc and attached to the pinboard; one would think that would be obvious and easy to notice. I've decided that the small rectangular clear plastic boxes from the dollar store can live on the Ikea storage rack behind the workbench, as that is ALWAYS the first place I look for roving commission pieces, the little boxes are a good size to hold components, and they fit nicely on the storage rack. Finding "homes" for things is an ongoing but someday-ending task. I am good at putting things away in their home, once there is one. The ring is a remake of a former ring of hers, redoing the ring to a double band and resetting the tiny historical silver Pelican intaglio as a ring gem.
※※※

Somehow, I forgot to post photos of the finished scrappy knit top that coordinates with my scrappy collage cardigan. As part of my goal to use fabric from the resource shelves, the whole project used most of six different scrap knit fabrics (grey floral jersey, grey/cream marled hemp, black/cream marled hemp, black/cream striped rib knit, black jersey, and grey/blue striped knit), and is a great addition to my SWAP 2020.
The cloud collar, grey colors, and floral bodice fabric reference "misty moisty morning"...
December SMART goals (x=extra)
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | x | 2 walls painted grey | - |
| 2 | x | neckline has dots | - |
| 3 | x | new lid worm bin | - |
| 4 | x | x | - |
| 5 | x | x | - |
| 6 | x | x | - |
| 7 | x | x | x |
| 8 | x | x | x |
| 9 | x | x | x |
| 10 | x | x | x |
| 11 | x | x | x |
| 12 | x | x | x |
| 13 | x | x | x |
| 14 | x | x | x |
| 15 | x | x | x |
today's gratitude - a warmer room for personal ablutions

Your new top is so pretty and elegant. I'm sure you will treasure it forever.
ReplyDeleteaww Carol, thanks!
ReplyDelete