Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Tuesday tidbits

in which our plucky heroine has a colorful if exhausting day...

Spent a chunk of the morning going over to the DHS office to make sure that my paperwork was in order, which I have to do every six months in order to keep my health coverage active. I miss being "young enough" that I could go to the office in my neighborhood, which was a long bike ride, or a short bus ride away from Acorn Cottage, unlike this office which is much further, and two bus routes, away. Leg was particularly annoying today, but nonetheless, I had enough bandwidth to notice this grouping of very bright and very small mushrooms just in front of the veterinarian's office. The color is similar to some chantrelles, but they are definitely something other than that...

edited to add that these are likely sulfur tuft mushrooms...
※※※

Later, progress made on my new black linen SCA undergown, which I hope to finish before 12th Night this weekend. I blockprinted the cuff trim a while back, after carving a Laurel wreath block to use as part of my interchangeable block set. I am gradually using up the pieces of black/blue shot silk from Thora's discarded wedding gown, and it makes really wonderful trimmings. I used some of it on her fancy gown last year. This undergown will be my December piece for the Year Long Wardrobe Challenge, which was supposed to be "party clothes", and 12th Night is about as close as I get to dressing up for a party.
※※※

today's gratitude - being able to transform discarded materials into items of new beauty, and the generosity of friends who share their finds and fragments with me...

2 comments:

  1. I can't stop admiring the silk cuffs! The combination of color, pattern, and texture is incredibly pleasing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I have a lot of fun with combining materials, and being able to print my own motifs gives a lot of flexibility.

      Delete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed