Saturday, November 24, 2018

Saturday snippets

in which our plucky heroine makes steady if scattered progress...

Today one of the tasks is setting up the fourth go-round with persimmons in the food dehydrator. Thank you so much Bob and Sam for sending it my way! the pantry here now has several large jars full of dried orange autumnal sweetness...
※※※

Finished the grey linen gauze cowl, and the wee tiny wool tassels add color (as I had intended) and are not at all itchy (as I had hoped)... a new addition to the accessory wardrobe, and the only part of the November suggestion for "Year Long Wardrobe Challenge" I've managed to complete. But there was a lot of sewing for other people instead...
※※※

After an unknown number of hours (many) of stitching, the embroidered trim for the rubakha (silk undergown) for my friend Marya's elevation clothing is finished, and handed off to Kieran who is sewing the silk gown they will be attached to. There are five pieces: a collar, two front neckline panels, and two cuffs. All based on actual textile ornamentation from medieval Novgorod.
※※※

November SMART goals (x=extra)
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 Thora gown Earthboxes filledbag to Goodwill
2 Isabel gown woodchips moved8# persimmons
3 chookhouse baseEF cardigan refashion -
4 Marya cuffs harvested persimmons -
5 Marya front panelsdried persimmons -
6 Marya collar moar dried persimmons -
7 grey linen gauze cowl x -
8 x x x
9 x
x x
10 x x x
11 x x x
12 x x x
13 x x x
14 x x x
15 x x x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely embroidery work - I'm always in awe ;-) Speaking of persimmons, I had a very tasty concoction/relish from Trader Joe's over the holiday: a cranberry, persimmon, orange concoction with spices of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cardamon, and cloves as the very last ingredient. If I had to guess, I'm thinking 2/3 cranberries, scant 1/3 persimmon (maybe less) and that bit of orange.

    If New Seasons still has persimmons this week, I may try to make that relish myself. It was yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Persimmons would be great to combine with cranberries. ..since cranberries are SO tart and persimmons are so very sweet! Plus that would be beautifully colorful

      Delete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed