Thursday, October 4, 2018

SWAP 2019 - first thoughts

in which our plucky heroine thinks ahead...

really, what I want to sew is more patterned/print fabric tops and dresses than the tentative concept would "allow", assuming that we use a similar plan to SWAP 2018. I already have enough solid color pinafores and knit tops in my wardrobe. Here is a plan that would be suitable, and would also fill in some of the gaps I do have, while not requiring any fabric shopping other than notions, and only requiring one new pattern to be trialed. This will allow time for adding interesting detailing to garments, and time for at least one time consuming garment technique (the hand-knit jacket sleeves)

BROWN
corduroy pinafore
woven oxford cloth blouse
? or RTW turtleneck

DENIM
already made dk denim pinafore
indigo pinstripe dress
jacket

ACCENTS
turquoise pinafore
navy floral print blouse
horses print blouse

WILDCARD
brown wool jacket multicolor knit sleeves
brown indigo teal knit top

ACCESSORY
either a new hat, or a new linen gauze cowl
(could be brown or denim)

This will require serious effort of knitting the sleeves, and serious effort fitting a woven blouse pattern. I recommend self to be starting on the sleeve knitting as soon as the actual rules are posted. I strongly recommend starting on the blouse muslin process ASAP, if that pattern development process has been dealt with, then the whole SWAP will have a chance of actually being finished, which hasn't happened in several years. Not to complain, mind, since every garment made this year or last year has been in constant steady wear. I am feeling pleased that, at least for now, I have a good handle on what I like to wear, what suits my life activities, and a gradually expanding but limited palette of chosen colors. Wardrobe planning works!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are making recommendations to self. Does self usually respond to such advice?

    I get very excited about SWAP and love to see others' plans and completed wardrobes. I myself have not done any sort of a plan since around 2012 - 2013. Correction: I have *made* many, many plans since then. I just have not fully executed any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing wonderful planning here and so early!! You inspire me again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed