Wednesday, September 12, 2018

wishful Wednesday - return of the rain

in which our plucky heroine is a little damp...

I am always wishing for the kind of grey damp days that are considered characteristic of the PNW, though missing for months and months of long hot sunny summertime. Today, we got rain, for the second time this month. Not just the usual soft misty-moisty rain, but great thumping beat-on-the-ground fill-up-the-street rain, complete with thunder and everything!
I actually got soaked to the skin walking home from the bus stop. Still very glad that we got the rain, we need it, the plants need it, and  the world feels more balanced when water falls from the sky.


※※※

2 comments:

  1. Having lived in places with constant rain and places with constant drought, I know that I complain either way. But a cool rainstorm is always very welcome after a blistering hot summer, and the warm sunshine is always a welcome sight after a gloomy wet winter, no matter where I am. If you want to send a few raindrops to AZ where it's still dry and 105 degrees, my plants would appreciate it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the rain, I love grey days when the sky is lovely and softly cool... I have never liked bright sunshine, it hurts my eyes...even when I was a kiddo. I never complain about the rain, I grew up with snow, and you don't have to shovel the rain! I would gladly share some of the rain with you; I couldn't survive in the desert...

      Delete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed