in which our plucky heroine is surprised by the recent past...
back before everything went south, I ordered some yarn from Knit Picks, as a minor treat for myself in support of projects planned for autumn and winter. Had rather forgotten all about it, when it arrived on my doorstep this morning!
These mini skeins of fingering yarn, lying on the linen gauze, are destined to become tassels on the cowl scarf I mentioned in my post yesterday...
These balls of DK/worsted weight wool are destined to become stripey sleeves on a winter cardigan. I'll probably combine them with some of the random balls of yarn in my "textile resource center" and have very polychrome sleeves in my favorite colors. I picked these for adding in some of my newly beloved turquoise/teal into the mixture of grey/indigo/black/brown that I have aplenty. I'm thinking about using the diamond twill handwoven fabric, with its subtle variageted color, for the body of a cardigan jacket, and some more exciting sleeves handknit. Is just a vague concept so far, (inspired by this bolero), but I can certainly begin on the sleeves, which could always end up as part of a knit cardigan instead. I just want to start turning some of the beautiful fabrics I have into wearable garments instead of shelf decorations.


Ha Ha -- shelf decorations! My sewing room is well "decorated", my resources for decorating my body and home and family members.
ReplyDeleteI view my assorted collections of supplies/material/tools as my resources now. Spent years acquiring them and now that I have less dosh to purchase things with, is good to have the materials to be making needful things with
DeleteBeautiful colors, all my favorites, the colors of deep water, sky, and earth. I like the idea of a woven jacket with knit sleeves, and I had a quite nice one in green twill with thick ribbed knit sleeves for many years. I think striped sleeves will be the perfect way to merge the jacket into your existing wardrobe.
ReplyDeleteI've long been inspired by this stripey sleeve bolero jacket, though not wanting to both resize the pattern to fit, and do all that knitting in wee thin yarns...
Deletehttps://farm4.static.flickr.com/3542/3359070544_ba9c5fc6af_z.jpg
Lovely inspiration piece!
DeleteCan’t wait to see what you make with those pretty yarns! Nice to get a present from previous you when you’re feeling crappy, huh? Oh, shelf decorations! Got those. Also boxes and bags and closets...
ReplyDelete