Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Tuesday tidbit


in which our plucky heroine breaks the rules...

I almost never bring trinkets home, as the last three years have been all about letting go of what is no longer necessary. But I could not resist these two small Japanese Akita-Inu figurines, who somehow ended up on the Goodwill holiday shelf. They are being added to my permanent collection here at Acorn Cottage. No, I was not born in the Year of the Dog, but I have been looking for some little sculptures just like these for a long time.
These are about two and three inches tall. I have read that little Akita figurines are sometimes a gift in Japan to parents of newborns, for good luck, and to convalescents as a wish for speedy recovery... not sure how true the info, but I liked the sentiment.
:::
November SMART goals
# THINGS MADE THINGS FIXED THINGS GONE
1 charter #17 framed Summits charter 7 pounds
2 charter #18 framed Adiantum charterGoodwill bag
3 reflective mesh vest repair small frame old chook gate
4 blue batik dress frame fox print paper recycle bin
5 -attached scroll seal 3 bags recycling
6 - framed Laurel scroll 2 bags trash
7 - framed 1st AoA charter 11 bags Goodwill
8 - framed 2nd AoA charter 1 bag yarn
9 - - -
10 - - -
11 - - -
12 - - -
13 - - -
14 - - -
:::

1 comment:

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed