In which our plucky heroine indulges in decorative frugality...
The apron dress for little Aesa of Blue Cedar House is finished. Started out with a wool jumper I made years ago for Beth Mead, which I cut down and restitched, then added edgebinding and shoulder straps at the top, a fragment of tablet weaving as front trim, and blockprinted fabric as a hemline band:
blockprinted linen bands used as hemline trim, I keep finding different ways to combine the blocks I have made to create patterns, in this design I am rather charmed by how the negative space makes additional shapes.
This tablet woven fragment is leftover from weaving I did years ago, as part of a prize in Adiantum (Valeria wove red/black twill wool for a cloak, and I made tablet-woven trim to edge the cloak) The pattern here is doubled kvrim, which turns out is not period after all, but I thought that it is reminiscent of the complex woven patterns that are appropriate:

:::
May SMART goals
| # | THINGS MADE | THINGS FIXED | THINGS GONE |
| 1 | printed trim samples | caged feral roses | cardboard recycling |
| 2 | banner design | block printed my undergown hem | 1300 lb shed debris |
| 3 | small coin pouch | shed gone | 11 concrete piers |
| 4 | charter #8 | planted green onions | - |
| 5 | Aesa apron dress | - | - |
| 6 | - | - | - |
| 7 | - | - | - |
| 8 | - | - | - |
| 9 | - | - | - |
| 10 | - | - | - |
| 11 | - | - | - |
| 12 | - | - | - |


Adorable, unique and thrifty. Wow.
ReplyDeleteOoh! This is awesome! She will LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteOoh! This is awesome! She will LOVE it.
ReplyDelete