Monday, June 16, 2014

what do these three have in common?


our plucky heroine has made sewing a part of her life for many many years, and yet, there are far more sorts of artwork that can be done with those tools than I have ever considered... recently found two different animated tidbits that both make use of sewing/embroidery in different ways... one is this pop video that uses stop motion to animate sewing equipment and threads, in a most entertaining fashion:


and this one uses machine embroidery images frame by frame to create a science fiction narrative, all set to heavy metal, you can read more about the process, or just watch the movie:


Lastly, my habit of reading sewing blogs occasionally casts up a gem of great beauty on the electronic shoreline... I was perusing biblioblog's current post, and she mentioned the sculptural work of Susan Else, and linked to an artwork: "Hard Times" that I found to be profoundly moving...

1 comment:

  1. I love the first video! Wherever do you find such fascinating stuff?

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends: your courteous and interesting comments will soon show up here once read and approved, but spammers and trolls will have to play somewhere else. It helps if you add your name to your comment, so I know who you are... Please be patient, as I am sorry that this layer of moderation is now needed